Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nihao1234

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the exact amount of money that this AT&T iPhone plan will cost per month?

-Nationwide 450 is $39.99
-Data plan is $30
-200 text is $5

Can anyone who has this exact plan tell me what their final amount they pay each month is?

Thanks!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the exact amount of money that this AT&T iPhone plan will cost per month?

-Data plan is $30
-200 text is $5

Can anyone who has this exact plan tell me what their final amount they pay each month is?

Thanks!

It varies from state-to-state. For example in New York, that would be around $90 a month.

SeanMcC

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Minneapolis
Hi everyone,

-Data plan is $30
-200 text is $5

Thanks!

What state do you live in?

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I know someone whos plan is 450 minutes, some type of data plan which is $35 and then monthly protection plan (around 5-6 dollars) and his bill comes out $120 in New Jersey.

I think you bill is going to range from 110-125

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
I'm in upstate NY and have that exact plan. My initial paperwork (got the phone last week) states my monthly bill will be $92.83. I'll be paying less due to busines discounts, but it looks like a straight bill on that plan pushes $93 a month. A hefty chunck if you are used to paying half-that with a non-smart phone. I might just dump my land-line to offset some of this increase (my E815 at Verizon was mid-40s a month), my landline is like $37 a month.

Mike

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Hi everyone,

-Data plan is $30
-200 text is $5

Thanks!

it wont be over $100 regardless of which state you live in.

extra fees and taxes wont add up to 25%.

my guess would be around $90ish.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I'm in upstate NY and have that exact plan. My initial paperwork (got the phone last week) states my monthly bill will be $92.83. I'll be paying less due to busines discounts, but it looks like a straight bill on that plan pushes $93 a month. A hefty chunck if you are used to paying half-that with a non-smart phone. I might just dump my land-line to offset some of this increase (my E815 at Verizon was mid-50s a month)

Mike

Thats not a bad idea. And it sounds like your land line is more than the cost increase on your mobile plan, so you should end up paying less total per month. When you call Verizon let them know that because they don't have the iPhone not only did they lose your cell business but now are losing your landline business as well. They ought to love hearing that :eek:

Just remember that E911 calls aren't as detailed when coming from a non-landline phone.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
You'll have to let us know how much you pay in taxes and fees where you live. Every state is different.

patbutterfield

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
I have a 550 min family plan. My costs break down like this:

Voice plan: $50
Iphone Data: $30
200 Txt: $5

Iphone total: $85

Wife's Line: $9.99
200 Txt: $5

Daughter's Line: $9.99
1500 Txt: $15

Add at least another $15 for state and federal taxes = $1 Arm + $1 Leg!!

But I wouldn't change a thing. I love this phone!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Hi everyone,

-Data plan is $30
-200 text is $5

Thanks!

Just call AT&T and ask. Trust me, new customers will get their undivided attention.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
iPhone 2G = 20$ a month w/200 texts, 25$/month unlimited texting

add that on to your 9.99 add a line and there you have it

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
Thats not a bad idea. And it sounds like your land line is more than the cost increase on your mobile plan, so you should end up paying less total per month. When you call Verizon let them know that because they don't have the iPhone not only did they lose your cell business but now are losing your landline business as well. They ought to love hearing that :eek:

Oh, I do fully intend to tell the VZW rep that I left for the iPhone, SHOULD I keep the iPhone.

I had tried their Blackberry Pearl Flip for 3 weeks (a blackberry flip!) and I loved it, but having two Touch's I knew I'd regret the flip if VZW came out with an iPhone next year. So I got the iPhone at AT&T after returning the BB flip to VZW (going back to my E815 Moto) and am taking the full 30 days to decide if I keep it - AT&T signal strenghth woes with the iPhone - or see what happens at VZW in 2010.

The landline goes if I keep the iPhone...I hardly use it anyway.

Mike

nihao1234

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2008
Hi everyone,

Well I guess I'm an idiot-of COURSE I should have known that taxes vary by state! What was I thinking:confused:

Anyways, I'm in Connecticut. Any proud residents of the Constitution State willing to share how much they pay with this plan?

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Again, this is a MacRumors forum. You are asking a SERVICE question. Call/visit AT&T, and they can give you an EXACT quote for your total bill. In fact, you can ask them if you qualify for a FAN discout through a school or employer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.