How much does this world suck?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Oct 5, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Okay, here is a great story.

I got an iPhone 3G from a friend with a broken LCD.

I buy the full LCD, touch sensor, and digitizer package for 130 bucks and am going to fix it and sell it for profits.

Today I find my iPhone completely drenched, my aquarium has begun leaking.

I am trying to sell my iPhone screen, digitizer, and touch sensor for atleast 100 bucks to make up for the cost, but god dammit, the aquarium has bummed me out more.

Anyone else have an FML kind of day?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not today, but we all have them. Sorry yours is today, and I hope it gets better soon.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I've been having an FML kinda day.

I realized the girl I've liked for like two years now barely wants to talk to me, let alone be more than friends.

4. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear that, i've been there.

5. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

That sucks, but it's still not as bad as having to continue to be friends and talk to the girl that you've liked for the past three years every day.:(

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Just bought an aluminum macbook, my day has been awesome.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Ah, what can you do? I mean, I still try to talk to her, it's just usually I'm the one being ignored....

Sorry for 'ya OP.

8. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

My day got off to a great start, then I put the truck in gear and let out the clutch, 10 feet later my day went horribly wrong as I stupidly hit the truck next to me. The first accident I've been in where I was at fault.

9. scottkifnw macrumors regular

scottkifnw

but

Nobody died, nobody got hurt.

Hang in there.

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Sorry. D: Are the fishies ok?

11. bainesajay macrumors member

Re: Sorry

But I just saved a bundle on my car insurance. Sorry I had to say it.

12. AngryApple macrumors 6502

My aquarium is leaking, too! I don't know what is wrong with it. I think the bubbler mobob flicks up tads of water that eventually causes a drop. I set a wash cloth around it and by the end of the day it was pretty drenched! :eek:

13. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

The only real friend I have in this country's boyfriend arrives tomorrow for a visit so she came by to say hi since she doesn't know when she'll see me next.

I get the fact that her and her boyfriend are just going to want to hang out with each other, doesn't mean I'm not bummed out to be kind of stuck alone :(

And my ex, who I broke up with before I came out here has just turned up online being all gutted because everything reminds him of me and he feels alone all the time. I had sort of thought he was getting over me a bit. Guilt trip city.

I'm living in this limbo where I don't have my life at home anymore, but I don't have a proper life here to replace it with yet

14. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

i just got a promotion and finally started dating the girl i've wanted to date my entire life...so i'm probably going to die tomorrow....****.

15. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

Occasionally that situation of space between you can lead to a reinvention of you,in her eyes....Occasionally I have seen friends in the past go from "the friend" to the possible boyfriend,when they were apart for sometime.

Also sort out why she is pissed,if you do not already know why that is.

gl

16. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Life is the reason humans made alcohol. Life sucks and people are awful. :)

17. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Hate to take your thread, OP, but "I get quoted, I answer".

It's not space...I moved to a different school. We never see each other. Guess she's pissed because she broke up with her boyfriend of a year or so like two weeks ago? She didn't even tell me herself, I found out from another friend.

18. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

My cat broke it's leg, my grandmother got diagnosed with dementia, I'm 200 miles from my special someone and miss them terribly, and had to deal with them acting strangely for the entirety of last week with no explanation...

Yeah, FML.

19. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Why have you liked her for like two years without doing something about it?

20. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Hmmm sounds like my situation only i haven't known her for 2 years about 5 weeks.

I seem to be having more FML moments then good ones at the moment. Every day this week has been a FML and i had to put our cat down :(

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

In the scope of things, its not really a huge deal, not when there is so much more suffering in the world.

Yeah it bites that the expensive phone got ruined but look on the bright side, you're healthy, no one is hurt and you can move on. count your blessings instead of looking at what went wrong.

22. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Nonsense. Just because something is better it's not automatically good.

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I woke up today, so I guess I get to enjoy the world sucking for one more day. :)

24. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Nothing really bad, but I'm annoyed that I simply cannot win a damn iMac G4 off of eBay! I've been outbid on 3 in the past few days! Currently trying on another but TBH I doubt my chances until I get more money next month.

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My point is why focus on something as trivial as that, when in the scope of things there's a whole lot more to be thankful for. Why focus on the negative when you can focus on the positive. Life is too short to get worked up about material possessions. I never said that "Just because something is better it's not automatically good." People get too wrapped up in their toys and fail to see the big picture and how lucky they truly are.