Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Exactly as mentioned above! We all have our situations and paradigms but we need to make the best of them if we want to survive. What's the point of living if you think everyday of your life is an "FML". Some of us get depressed at some points but you just need to find the light no matter where you are looking.

Here is an example of a few times where it seemed like I was going to have a really bad day;

My friend and I were going to get lunch together. I hate eating alone so I don't eat out that often, so I was pretty happy. Well I got there and waited but he called and couldn't make it. I was hungry so I ordered something anyway, kinda mad I had to eat alone. So I sat up on the table in the middle where the tvs are to keep me company. Sounds like an "FML" in the works. But a girl came up there and sat on the other side, she asked if she could sit with me. We ended up talking there for like an hour, it was nice. Turned out to be a really great day!

Or a couple weeks ago I broke my iPod Touch (I dropped it and the screen cracked). I was pretty upset but the iPod still worked so I was alright with it. I was trying to find someone to buy it so I could get the newer version in a higher capacity. A friend of mine at work said he knew someone who could buy it, so we all met up with some of his other friends to see if he wanted to buy it. He ended up not wanting to buy it but we ended up hanging out anyway, and because of that we found ourselves a "clubbing group". So if my iPod had not broken, I would not have made these five new friends whom like to go to clubs as much as I did.

No matter how bad some things are, good things WILL ALWAYS come out of it. Like my transmission not working anymore, sucks big-time. But because of it, I'm getting more exercise and my asthma is treating me much better. I'm also saving more money and taken on a new initiative in life - waking up earlier, working harder at work, etc. It's nice when I get to work after riding my bike, I'm more awake than anyone there and I'm full of energy, I'm always happy.

Remember folks, even if you are a pessimist, you can still be optimistic about life. Learn about the "Secret" if you need a kick start.

zoomungus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
lakenheath UK
Yep, if everyone stopped trying to control stuff and just let go, I have been in freefall for years and it works! everything happens for a reason:)

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
Why have you liked her for like two years without doing something about it?
She's had a boyfriend like...that whole time.

Hmmm sounds like my situation only i haven't known her for 2 years about 5 weeks.

I seem to be having more FML moments then good ones at the moment. Every day this week has been a FML and i had to put our cat down :(

Sucks for you too apparently. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.