Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buymeaniphone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Ok maybe I'm just too excited to make any sense of Cingular's and Apples Website, but my question is How much will it cost to have a family plan with only one iPhone? Can I choose an individual iPhone plan and just add another line to make it a family plan for $9.95 or do I have to choose an iPhone Family Plan? On AT&T it says that the Family plans include 2 iPhones.

PhonePlan.jpg

I tried calling AT&T and actually went to an AT&T store and I've basically come to the realization that AT&T doesn't know how to hire people for Customer Service cause no one could give me a straight answer and in fact at the AT&T store they said that the iphone plans weren't going to be released until Friday.
I called Apple and they said that AT&T was handling all the Phone Plan information.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I believe they will work out the same. If you start with an iPhone family plan, and add a 2nd like for $9.95, it will work out the same as if you had a standard family plan and add an iPhone for $29.95.

In my case, I already have a 2 line family plan, so it will cost me $20 to swap my current phone with the iPhone.

btw: I thought I saw a post where someone went and calculated this

TonyBaloney

macrumors regular
May 7, 2007
Katy, TX
yea AT&T and Apple posted different familytalk charts. the iphone plans are no different than the regular ones its just that they make you add the $20 data plan. So get whatever one you want, add $20 for your iphone and $10 for other lines. if anyone else wants an iphone add 20$ to their line on top of the $10 line-addon. phew!... ;)

sportseye@mac.c

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Family Talk plan NOT allowed for NEW AT&T customer with 1 iPhone

I just activated my iPhone and was unable to choose a Family Talk plan... I was hoping to get the 1400 minute/$100 plan and add another phone/line within the week. I could not.

rs76

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2007
I too would like to know how much a plan would be for one iPhone and the other non Iphones. Is it 109.99 for two phones even if one is not an iPhone?

Right now I pay $100 for 4 phones on Sprint. Even though I get fewer minutes I could do $110 for 4 with AT&T. $130 would make me think about it. Over two years that is $500. Enough to buy another iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.