How much for apple to replace back?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xMBPx, Jun 9, 2011.

1. xMBPx macrumors regular

My iPad has a lot of inconsistencies between the aluminum back and the side of the glass.... They're like black lines made by gaps. I believe it's because the aluminum was cut wrong, however, it could be a known issue ...?

Anyways my question is if anyone knows how much apple charges to replace the back, if they won't cover it?

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

hey

If the iPad is under warranty, go in and claim another issue. Cosmetic defects tend to get no sympathy.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

replacing the aluminum shell is a lot of work so most likely they won't even do it.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't think they'll just replace the back. I think they'll just charge you to replace the whole thing as an Out of warranty charge.

iPad Wi-Fi
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    16GB $269
    32GB $299
    64GB $349

iPad Wi-Fi + 3G
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G
    16GB $319
    32GB $369
    64GB $419

It sounds like a manufacturing defect. Hopefully they'll fix it for you.

5. psonice macrumors 6502a

You have to love it when people need to ask a company a question, and instead they ask random people on the internet :)

6. xMBPx thread starter macrumors regular

Hey why don't you chill out pal? I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who has looked at replacing the back of their iPad. The only reason I asked is because they were closed and that's what a forum is for.

7. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

If your problem is what I think (front glass separating from the iPad) then I doubt it's a defect, it's basically an issue with most all iPads. Almost all I've seen in store/out of store have it near the right of the home button, as well as near the headphone jack. The headphone jack is just a separation of the rubber, near the right of the home button it protrudes outward which is much more concerning.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

First they need your Kidney and some blood to start off.

iPad is so magical and it costs more than human's soul to replace them.