How much longer will the 2015 MBPs be sold?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sandy Santra, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

Anyone have any idea? I understand that Apple is no longer manufacturing them, hence supplies are limited.

2. darkloki macrumors member

Personally, I thought it was odd that they aren't even listed on the refurbished section, if anything I thought this area would have been loaded with them. IN terms of 15" there is nothing listed there which is actually shocking to me.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

3. Sandy Santra thread starter macrumors 6502

They actually have been listed. For a while I was checking every day. Apple puts them up, and then they're gone within 24 hours. I've seen the 13" at times, and the 15" at times.

4. darkloki macrumors member

Oh I guess I just have bad because I was looking as well and out of the 3 times I looks this week I didn't see anything :X

5. Sandy Santra thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, you gotta check something like 3x a day.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

https://www.refurb.me/

You can use this site to let you know when something comes in stock in the refurb store.

7. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

They sell out very quickly on Apple's refurb website. You've got to look continuously throughout the day and be ready with credit card in hand. Here's an interesting fact. The 2015 15" refurb that I'm typing on right now, was purchased one month ago from Apple. When I got it, it looked brand new...and probably was. coconutBattery says it was manufactured on 9-26-2016. However, coconutBattery also says the battery was manufactured on 8-25-2015. Odd that the computer is only 99 days old and the battery is 497 days old. Regardless, both work like a champ!