How much will an iphone 4 cost me?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Gmcube, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Gmcube macrumors regular

Sorry for this noob question, one that probably gets asked all the time, but I need to know the answer as soon as possible. Bought my 3G (a refurb) about a year and 6 months ago. I can't check eligibility at the moment, need to pay the bill. But given how long Ive had this phone it should be pretty predictable, no? I want a 32 gig. Whats the standard price price?

I just need to know what the phone itself will cost, not the plan, unless there's some reason it would be higher?

2. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

3. wpotere Guest

Seriously? First, we have no clue where you are at and what network you are on. So, what you need to do is go to the website of your carrier and find out how much they are offering it for. Simple enough....

4. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

you should be able to upgrade for 199 or 299 for 32GB with an added 2 yrs on the contract, i think. you can buy one for 499 and 599 respectively.

oddly enough people pay more for an used one online than what at&t sells them for and they are the ones locked to at&t. we will assume you are in america home of the atlanta braves.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Perhaps they don't want to sign a contract? :confused:
    (Sorry if that sounds sarcastic... didn't mean for that to happen :eek:)

6. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

the ones that come without a contract can be purchased by an at&t consumer for less. true not everyone has a buddy that can purchase them a phone but those who already have at&t can just buy the phone themselves. those without at&t still have to unlock it. i can understand paying 800-900 for one from canada but not from the usa.

7. Gmcube, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010

Gmcube thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I'm on AT&T, I assumed that was a given, but I realise that's not the only one I could have been on.

And I Can't check site, they don't let me until the bill is paid, which I'll be able to do in a few days, but not before black Friday.

I'm indeed in America, in Delaware. I will be renewing my contract, going under my family's plan.
    So, its 299 for a iphone 4 to replace a phone on a line? no additional fees for anything, as long as I don't change anything about it?

8. dj2mc macrumors member

dj2mc

Chillax. Jeeze....Obviously he is on ATT if he has an iPhone...? And secondly, there's no need to know where he's at. Prices for iPhones are standardized.
    Your post was fail.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

So is yours. iPhone is sold around the world with some countries selling the iPhone officially on more than one carrier and there are people who unofficially use the iPhone on other carriers, like T-Mobile USA.

10. wpotere Guest

LOL, your post is the fail here, not mine. I have no idea if he is on ATT or TMobile in Germany (99 Euro with 12 month contract) or O2 in the UK or etc... and no, the prices are not the same from country to country. (Well, I do know he is on ATT now).

As for checking the site, yes, you can. It is clearly listed both

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/ho...NDEX-FEATURES&cp=BUYNOW-IPHONE-INDEX-FEATURES

and

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...es.jsp?wtSlotClick=1-004COK-0-2&WT.svl=button

Easy enough to look up if you ask me. Also, why would I need to "chillax" as you put it? I simply offered advice to check his carriers website.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why dont you call up AT&T and ask them?
    We dont know if you qualify for an upgrade or an early upgrade or whatever.

12. dj2mc macrumors member

dj2mc

He stated he was located in Delaware, which is in America, so where'd you get Germany?
    Fail, once again.

13. wpotere Guest

OK, let me hold your hand....

In the first post he did not mention where he was located. I simply directed him to his carrier for a post. Then he did respond and say ATT and at that time you attacked me. I then responded and even stated that I know he is on ATT now and directed him to both Apple and ATT sites for prices. Now you post saying I can't read and fail again?

Me thinks you need to learn how to read and I hate to say this but you fail once again.....;)

14. dj2mc macrumors member

dj2mc

Oh well, at least I can admit failure. Fail on me.
    But, you didn't have to say "Seriously??" in your post to him. Kind of rude.

15. wpotere Guest

Just because you took it way does not mean others will. Also, if that was your beef with me from the beginning you should have simply asked. I said "seriously" because of the lack of information that he provided and I didn't understand the need to come here to ask a question that his carrier clearly promotes on their site or even on Apple's. So yes, seriously?