How much will you need to try it before buying?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johnmoorejohn, Mar 7, 2010.

?

How much will you need to try it before buying?

1. I will buy without trying it at all.

43 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. I just need a minute or two to confirm I want it.

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. 5-10 minutes.

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. 10-30 minutes.

8 vote(s)
    11.3%
  5. I will try a friends first for as long as I need until I decide.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Other.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. johnmoorejohn macrumors member

I am 98% sure I want to get an iPad, but I still want to touch one and try it for even 2 minutes before fully pulling the trigger. I am going to reserve one, and hope I can try it on April 3rd at the store before buying. Or, perhaps I can keep it factory sealed, and buy it first, then wait to try a demo in the store, if there is one.

How about you? How much will you need to try it?

Poll to follow.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I've had two iPhones. The original and the 3GS.

I'll be buying the iPad "sight unseen".

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No need to try -- I've already been "trying" it for the last 2 1/2 years with my iPod touch.

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

well im getting the 3g so i can see it before buying cause i cant get the 3g till later in the month!!!:eek:

5. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Don't need to see it in person. Steve Jobs already told me its the best so I will take his word for it. :)

6. Doju macrumors 68000

None. It's a much more gratifying feeling picking up the device, having never used it before, and experiencing it for the first time ever.

I know it's a capable device, that'll do it for me.

7. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

8. thejakill macrumors 6502

thejakill

copy. paste.

9. Davydd macrumors regular

Two things. First, how well you can browse the internet. It will have to be as convenient as my computer. Secondly, how well you can touch type on the virtual keyboard. If those two items can't prove satisfactory then my iPhone is still adequate for what an iPad could do and I would probably have to continue using my computer for those tasks.

10. frank.deale macrumors regular

I want to see and feel how the keyboard dock works. I also want to hear about 3G reception around NYC. Since I expect to do a lot of data input I'd like to at least hear about people's experiences with iWork and maybe even Docs To Go.

So I'll go to to the Apple store and check it out, but I will also be reading macRumors and the Apple forum very closely the first month. I'm going for 3G so the additional wait won't bother me.

11. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

My thoughts exactly. And the countless times I've watched the 8 minute explanation/demonstration video and lurked on the official page...

12. rudeman macrumors newbie

All of Apple's products rock. There's nothing to think about. No brainer. Just buy it. Best toy you'll ever have.

13. LaNex macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I don't need to try it. I am sold already because it fulfils a need I have already.
    My fiancé will play with my ipad for about thirty seconds and then he'll ve ordering one too I expect. This happened with the 3gs so I see no reason for it not to go the same way with the ipad.