how much would you take?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ricardo1064, Dec 13, 2007.

1. ricardo1064 macrumors member

If someone's customer service ****** up big time <ahem> and they were offering what it took to make it right within their product line. What would you ask for outside of the usual, pay my interest on credit card, free dotsomething or another, and a discount on said item.

would you push it and demand a, um, portable music player that resembles the iphone? just curious to see people's thoughts.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Are you serious? First off, be a man, or woman about this and say Apple messed something up and now you want them to give you an iPod touch.

If someone screwed something up, it is simply their responsibility to get you back where you were before; no more, no less.

SO, if Apple messed up your iPod touch, they should repair it to its normal operating state or give you a new or refurbished one, same thing with any other product.

The point of something like insurance or sueing someone over a cost, or settling some sort of deal, is to make the person who was harmed or wronged whole again. Not to give you something you didn't have before.

3. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

let me explain a little further... FedEx lost my laptop, Apple dropped the ball and it took them 35 days, countless phone calls, 3 letters, and the purchase of www.applecustomerservicesucks.com to get someone's attention.

Now that I have their attention, what are your recommendations?

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

OK… so you bought a domain name. Did Apple force you to?
    Excuse me if I miss the point, but… seriously. WTF? :confused::rolleyes:

5. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Agreed.
    Get the laptop, accept any discounts or reimbursements they offer and move on with your life.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Sticking with my original post, it is their responsibility to make whole what THEY messed up.

First off, isn't is FedEx's problem, not Apples?

Now, in reality, you are going to expect Apple to replace your computer and they will deal with FedEx. Since this is the case, get a laptop...

7. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

how would you feel if a company was holding a $2800 charge on your credit card and evertime you called to get a status update or to speak to a person to get results you got the same answer for 35 days...

"you will hear from us by email and your issue will be resolved in no more than 14 days..."

I mean, yeah, there's a limit to everything, do you really think I would go out and purchase a domain name that specific if they didn't greatly piss me off? seriouslly, wait till you get treated like a red headed step child and drop money like that, come back and tell me how you feel...

8. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

So how exactly is it Apple's fault that Fedex lost your computer? :confused:

9. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Why did you call Apple? Why not call FedEx with your tracking number and ask them the status?

10. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

no i'm not blaming apple for fedex being irresponsible... I'm holding apple accountable for not doing anything to even try to remedy the situation... do you understand the lengths I had to go through to finally get the laptop i ordered 35 days later... I probably would still have been waiting for it today...

because when i called fedex and filed the complaint, they did NOTHING... so following protocol you go to Apple and their customer service is supposed to handle the investigation...

11. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

So you have received the laptop?
    Now you want a free iPod Touch?

Okay… :rolleyes:

I think you may have little idea how slowly the corporate environment works… 35 days is quite decent actually.

12. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I would say that "fair" would be the product you were supposed to get, plus compensation for the amount of time you spent on the phone trying to acquire the product they had already charged you for. I'll let you decide how much your time is worth.

13. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

What protocol is this?

I'm actually not sure if thats a smart remark or if there is something saying thats the route you should go. :confused:

14. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

ha... i hope you never went through what I went through to get something you are paying for...

I came on here for constructive advice, not your sarcastic remarks.

they asked me "how can we make this right", so i just want to make sure i'm getting my fair deal, they cheat some customers and give other the world...

i have spent a lot of money with this company over the past 5 years, and have sold them at least 10 laptops that I can count by convincing friends to switch over... I am educating myself since this has never happened to me.

well when the shipper doesn't assume their responsibility, you have to resort to the company you purchased the product from....

15. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Pssst...
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#How_do_I_post.3F

To quote more than one previous post:

Click the multi-quote icon (it looks like a double quote mark) next to each post you would like to quote.
    Click the Post Reply button at the top or bottom of the page.
    Type your post in the Message box, which will contain all of the quoted posts.
    Click the Preview Post button to check if your post came out as you want it.
    Click the Submit Reply button.

;)

16. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

sorry not thinking clearly... ;)

17. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

do you feel good belittling people or trying to use the poor excuse you have for sarcasm to make yourself feel better?
    Thanks for the people who posted something worth reading...

18. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You're welcome. ;) :p

19. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I fixed my posts.

20. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

there's a fine line where rude and opinion separate, your lucky i'm new to this forum and am enjoying the wealth of information it provides.

21. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Why because you would ban me? Sorry if you thought I was trying to be rude, but you are seriously being ridiculous...

Look, its easy, you are upset, we get that, welcome to life, customer service sucks at most places. But to come on here and ask people what to ask Apple for in return? Go ahead, ask them for an iPod touch, you won't get it...

Like I said already, the point is for you to be whole again. Do you have a laptop? Yes. Does Apple have the money they are supposed to get for the laptop? Yes. End of story. While being upset is a perfectly natural response, you shouldn't expect anything for your trouble, at least not something like that. If they offer you a small refund of some of your money then take it, but you can't expect to be taken seriously when you are wanting them to make out with your behind. Kiss it? They probably should, and probably will.

22. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Oh, Precious! :p :)

Note:
    Don't take things so seriously.

23. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

What's fair is a refund of your shipping cost. Period.

24. ricardo1064 thread starter macrumors member

I started to, but nevermind... enjoy your day

25. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Thanks, I was trying to be funny, not rude, but I fixed my posts...