How of you organize your homescreen/apps?

mjschabow

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
Like the topic says I'm curious on how everyone organizes their screens. Do you put all your apps in folders? Or alphabetical? Etc....

Puonti

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2011
I'm a minimalist so I keep all of my apps on one page. The apps I use the most are available directly and other, less frequently used apps are stored inside categorized folders.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
In alphabetical order with some apps in their folders such as news and productivity etc.

Main apps on 1st homepage using gridlock 2.0 to put them how I want.

In the Dock are mail , safari , settings , Cydia and BiteSms

mjschabow

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
I'm a minimalist so I keep all of my apps on one page. The apps I use the most are available directly and other, less frequently used apps are stored inside categorized folders.

That's a good idea. Currently I have 3 pages and I'd kind of like to slim it down.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I tend to group apps by function, with the main apps I use for that function on one homescreen with one folder for lesser apps. I have only one row near the top for this. I absolutely detest a screen full of icons where you can never see your wallpaper. It's cluttered and looks messy. Some people are ok with that and that's their choice. Me, I don't care for it.

I have one folder for everything related to my iPhone (calls, texts, email, etc) in my dock.

I'm jailbroken so I have the capability to do a little more.

This is my main screen. You'll note, no labels.

Attachments

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
My home screen looks the same no matter which phone. All the apps I use the most on the first page.

mrayski

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
I try to keep my iPhone pretty organized.

Page one is mostly stock apps + most used, and page two is apps I use not as often, but I still need.

Attachments

Wide opeN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
I too have switched to a minimalist approach.

Apps I use frequently NOT in a folder, everything else in a Folder.

I always try to design it in a way that still looks chic.

Note I only have 1 page.

Attachments

Bacong

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I don't really organize it in a proper way..just keep everything on one page. I use Tweetbot a ton, but I use other apps a lot too..I don't know, it just feels right.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2009
No particular order, however, I think it was my sister who told me to fill all the spaces for the apps rather than having one or two free spaces then a new page with the same idea.

I can't show you what I mean because I don't know how to do that, but if someone could tell me how to, I will reply with what I was talking about.

Thanks!!

mjschabow

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
I don't really organize it in a proper way..just keep everything on one page. I use Tweetbot a ton, but I use other apps a lot too..I don't know, it just feels right.

How did you get the apple symbol as the folder title? That's awesome

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
First page is mostly social media and default apps, second page is news and other random apps, and the third page is games. I have some folders, but not a ton.

Attachments

iHackPro

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2014
DFW, TX
I've been known to not stick with one layout. I'm currently using this
but I'm likely going to revert back to what I was using last

Allanb1985

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2013
I also wish to know how to get the little apple logo to use as my folder name???

----------

Heres mine I like to keep it organised to suit my needs