How often do you charge your iPhone/iPod touch?

How often do you charge your iPhone or iPod touch

• Once a day

Votes: 133 88.1%
  • Every two days

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Every three days

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Every four days

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Every five days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every six days

• Once a week

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Less than once a week

• Total voters

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I was wondering... How often do yu charge your iPhone or iPod touch?

I charge mine about every 5 days, but thats when I have school, and thus don't use it a lot.

How about you?
I charge mine every night while I am asleep... however, it usually has 30%-50% battery remaining when I plug it in... I just like it at 100% to start the day off

andylyon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
London
I charge mine AT LEAST once a day. I usually leave it plugged in while at work. i really hope the next gen's battery is better.

AnDy

Hawke

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
My iPod Touch is 99% attached to its docking station, so it's always charging.. My iPhone can go through 1.5 days without charging, but I charge it every day as I practically live on the thing

Hawke

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
The poll is pointless, since the iPod Touch and the iPhone have totally different times they can hold a charge (unless one is using the phone as a Touch).
Pretty true.. My iPodTouch sometimes have to be charged 2 times per day as I am always using it.. If it's not on the docking station.. I carry my iPhone charger with me, just in case.. I don't have that problem with my iPhone

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It is an iPhone, it's charged overnight every night unless I'm flying, then it's charged twice in a day. Again, it's an iPhone. :cool:

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
i charge it 1-2 times a day, sometimes at home, and usually in my car when i hook it up to my stereo (usb port, charges and plays iphone/ipod touch v3.1.2, its a Sony gtx630ui btw if anyone cares, $99 on amazon last christmas).

but yeah, if i go about my day without playin games, or heavily using wifi, the battery will last all day no problem, even with instant push notifications.

i seriously think the battery life issue isn't a big problem, and doesnt really need to be addressed by apple. instead, people that have those issues should buy a portable battery or 'incase powerslider' of some kind. (dont get me wrong, id still love to see a bigger mAh battery inside these things)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I plug mine in when I get home from work. It's two years old now and the battery still lasts throughout the working day.

Nickday89

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I could easily go nearly 3 days from 100% until it shuts off (and i use it a lot throughout the day, too: games, internet, youtube, texting, calling, etc), but I'd rather not risk having it die on me when I absolutely need it, so I charge it nightly

Resist

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2008
Normally I charge mine once a day, but often I have to charge it twice a day because I use the apps a lot. If I only used the phone part, I could probably get by with only charging it once a week.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Show me an iPhone user who actually uses most of its features and can go without a recharge every 24 hours and I'll eat my... iPhone ;)

While I'd like more battery life, I don't think a stingy battery is the reason why I have to charge my iPhone every day. IMHO, it's because I use it so damn much. It makes browsing, music, videos all so easy that I can spend half of my day glued to the thing... primary stuck in my email, but even so.

My Nokia's used to last days. Hardly surprising when I primarily used them to send texts!

No ice please

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2009
I can get about 2 days out of my 3G doing moderate internet,ipod, and heavy texting. On the second day its down to about 15-20%.
My LG shine I could go almost 3 and a half days but that was with moderate texting and music.

Looon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
I charge my iphone every day even if it still has like 90% battery left. Never know when you might need that extra 10%...

Rooftop voter

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2010
I charge my Iphone 3gs every night. It lasts me a whole workday though with moderate use. I usually leave work with my battery at between 60-70 percent. Really depends on how long my phone has to search for a signal since my work has many dead zones. All in all I can usually get about 5 hours of use out of it with 14 hours or so of standby time. I have a car charger just in case I need it, but I really only use it if I'm using a gps app like trapster or something. Not shabby, but could deffinatly be better. If all they did on the next iPhone was upgrade the battery, I'd upgrade!!