How often do you swap bands?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fate0311, Oct 22, 2018.

1. fate0311 macrumors 6502a

Do you use primarily sport band and only swap for milanese for "going out"?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 22, 2018 ---
    I also find it cumbersome trying to keep the Milanese loop away from the front and back faces of the watch.

2. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

Depends. I have one Sports Band, one Black Leather Loop and one Brown Leather Loop.

The Loops are my daily drivers, and I alternate between them on pretty much a weekly basis. However, I always swap out to the Sports Band if I go to the gym, which I started doing again recently. So I guess I'm swapping as much as twice a day (LL to SB and back) or as little as once a week (LL to LL).

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I have eight sport loops (two OEM, six knockoffs that I love). I have a daily driver (OEM purple), and I change colors maybe a couple of times per week, according to my mood.

Yesterday, I had to dress for a concert I was in, so I wore the pure black.

4. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

In the morning I wear a sport band for my workout, then a casual sport loop or woven nylon for work, and a nicer Milanese or leather loop if I go out in the evening. So 2-3 times a day.

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Now that it's cooling down a bit here in Tokyo, I've been wearing my stainless steel link quite a bit.

I just bought my first sport loop (OEM, followed by five third-party loops) and I have a ton of sport bands (all OEM, because I hate silicone bands) and I've got an OEM Milanese Loop but I don't actually like it very much.

To answer the OP's question - I change my bands at least 5-10 times a week. Lately (in the last year or so) I've been changing daily or more.

6. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Nike + sports - most of the times because I’m pretty active and hit the gym at least 4-5 times every week.

Brown leather - when it matches my outfit and I’m not going gym.

Black & red nike style - when I’m going out and it matches my outfit.

Red - when I’m going out and it matches my outfit.

All in all I change it maybe twice a week?!

7. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I swap 2 or 3 times a week, mostly between sport bands and my leather bands.
    The Milanese looks nice, but I don't wear it as often as I used to.

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

9. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I swap daily from my nicer bands (leather loop, Milenese) to one of my sport bands (loop or standard) - some days I just stick with the sport band, but most of the time I’m switching after I workout.

10. berx macrumors newbie

berx

Most of the time I just stick with the (knockoff) black link band. For me, it's the most comfortable band in my collection. So I maybe swap twice a week.

11. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

anthonymoody

I go through phases. Sometimes I'll keep a sports band on for a couple of weeks. Other times I might swap daily depending on plans.

12. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

My default is a sport band. Comfortable, the ideal choice for me when working out or various activities. I have a few different color choices which I'll swap out whenever I feel like a change.

I have leather bands from FFF or a Milanese to wear when I want to dress up the watch a little bit more such as for work functions. Interesting observation that I see each year when I attend a conference with my company. There are many, many, many well dressed executives who wear their aluminum Apple watches with standard issue sport bands. That's not to say I don't see some with Stainless because they're also there, but the overwhelming majority I see are aluminum.

13. Pseudo-Fed macrumors 6502

14. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

I change my bands depending on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing that day. My daily driver is the stainless link bracelet. When I workout or swim I have the Nike sport band. When Im dressing up I bounce between the Milanese loop and a saddle brown classic buckle.

15. menace3 macrumors 6502a

menace3

16. ipaddaro macrumors regular

depends... 3-4 times a week... because i like the milanese loop so much when i'm dressed up, but it's not suitable for gym in my opinion

17. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

Depends on what I am wearing but about 5 times a week. I have a wide variety although Pseudo-Fed has me beat!

Lisa

18. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Once a year when I get a new Apple Watch. Still using the Leather Loop and after a couple of years, it still looks like new. Bought another to use with my AW4 but the current one looked too good.

19. staggerlee41, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

I think he's got a lot of us beat!

@Pseudo-Fed Are those Cape Cod Blue Sport Loop and Leather Loop by chance?

20. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

I usually swap bands once every couple weeks or so. My go-to are my three sport loops that I primarily wear. I have two sport bands which get used occasionally. I have a knock off Milanese loop for dress up.

21. jasoncordelle macrumors regular

jasoncordelle

I've got around 12-15 bands (lost count) and swap as the mood takes me...sometimes I'll be wearing the same band for a few days/weeks, other times I'll swap twice in a day.
    I wear everything from 3rd party Nato Bands to leather, S/S Link, Milanese and Sport Bands, depending on mood, clothes, activity etc.

22. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

Amazing collection! What brand is the two Panarei style leathers?

23. bluespark macrumors 68000

3-4 times a week. I prefer sport bands, especially the new Horizon one, and Apple's leather loops. I only use my Milanese when wearing a suit, which lately isn't all that often.

24. Pseudo-Fed macrumors 6502

Yes. Got the sport loop first then decided I had to have the leather loop. They both look great on either my SS or SBSS watches.

.....And I was sweating Apple's design choice before it was confirmed they would retain band compatibility......;-)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 23, 2018 ---
    The tan and black leather at the back are M'Keke brand off Amazon. The brown leather in front is Nomad.