How often do you use Siri on your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Hi everyone

I have a late 2013 rMBP 2.6/8/256.

I recently installed Sierra, and have been using Siri A LOT more than I could've ever imagined.

It has been really useful, because I no longer need to type what I want to search for in Google.

How often do you use it?

2. EndlessBuffoonery macrumors regular

EndlessBuffoonery

Every day. Especially for interfacing with iTunes.

3. Stephencovar macrumors member

4. nj-mac-user macrumors 6502

nj-mac-user

5. ejl371 macrumors newbie

Exactly. Terrible.

6. thesaint024 macrumors 6502a

thesaint024

I actually wish I used it more. Siri on iphone is pretty handy since it's handsfree in the car. But I haven't found a really useful way to use Siri, admittedly not looking very hard. I will try with iTunes and general search engine uses suggested up top.

7. Postiez macrumors newbie

I don't use it very often but I have been trying to get used to it. It's stupid fast and seems to understand much better than my iPhone.

8. myscrnnm macrumors 6502a

myscrnnm

This. I almost never use Siri on my MBP because the whole point is that Siri is supposed to do all the work for you. Don't understand how Apple can enable this on a handheld device but not a powerful notebook computer. Also doesn't help that you have to prompt Siri for every subsequent query.

9. Alexanderyan macrumors newbie

Alexanderyan

10. xvigauge macrumors member

xvigauge

Brand new to the forum and brand new to Mac and more specifically the MacBook Pro which I just bought last Sunday. So, I have had it a week and just discovered Siri yesterday. I have used it a lot since i discovered it and have asked questions such as, "When is the Tampa Bay Lightning's next game?" In fact, Siri is how I found this forum when asking it a "how to" question about multitasking.
    xvigauge

11. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I haven't used it at all since it became available for Macs, but I guess I should try and see if and how it can help me.

12. coopercoop macrumors member

Considering I will be using my MBP mostly in a public library, yea probably never

13. Jaekae macrumors 6502

Never, siri only seem to work for americans, it never hears what i say in swedish, unless i speak very slow and over articulate and louder than normal speaking level

Its alot faster to just type it

14. choreo macrumors regular

choreo

It is fine for a Phone if you don't mind being obnoxious in public, but can't imagine using it on a computer? It takes longer to say "Hey Siri" than to complete an operation with a key-command!

I was scratching my head when they said they were including that in Sierra. Apple seems to be on a course to turn everything into a consumer device and get out of the creative device market. Really wish someone would buy-out their previous Pro Line and get it back on track. I used to buy new Apple desktops and laptops every 3-4 years for over 25 years. I have not purchased either since 2012 when they jumped the shark with the MacPro trashcan!

15. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

I disabled it, just like I disabled Siri on my iPhone and iPad, and Cortana on my Windows PC.

16. thesaint024 macrumors 6502a

thesaint024

In my quest to utilize Siri more (to see if it helps), I said "play Cat Stevens wild world" which it dictated perfectly. But it starts playing Prince - The Ladder. WTF. This Siri experiment does not look promising.

17. EndlessBuffoonery macrumors regular

EndlessBuffoonery

I just tried the same thing and it played the correct song. Not sure why yours had an issue.

18. thesaint024 macrumors 6502a

thesaint024

Clearly I have issues.

19. Nick11Mac macrumors 6502

Nick11Mac

Haven't yet used it on my Mac since I installed Sierra. May give it a try.

20. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

21. choreo macrumors regular

choreo

It might prevent me from continually getting the same Siri response of "There is no call to use that language!"

22. Yaemon macrumors regular

Yaemon

Only when I am bored to death and have absolutely nothing else to do.