Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I don't think this matters, I'm just saying, I never update the exact second a new update is available because it usually has a very long download time or if it clearly says fixes minor things.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
I always run the latest os updates that are available. But, it's very important to keep you apps up to date. And to make sure, before you update, that all your apps work with any new OS release. There are many many threads on this forum from folks saying new OS releases are terrible, most of the time it's because folks have let their apps become dated.

Lou

Reactions: flyinmac

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I always run the latest os updates that are available. But, it's very important to keep you apps up to date. And to make sure, before you update, that all your apps work with any new OS release. There are many many threads on this forum from folks saying new OS releases are terrible, most of the time it's because folks have let their apps become dated.

Lou
Yep. I always update my apps. There was a period of time I couldn't because my MBP was not working, but it's OK now. I keep everything backed up. In fact, the most recent back up was on May 1st.

brothman01

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2018
update everything as soon as the updates are available. Wherever you read that you can wait on updates and whoever in this thread is recommending that you wait for any reason is wrong and bad with technology

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
update everything as soon as the updates are available. Wherever you read that you can wait on updates and whoever in this thread is recommending that you wait for any reason is wrong and bad with technology
How about the reason that occasionally there are some issues with updates that are uncovered shortly after they are released? Should everyone simply jump on things right away and perhaps end up with some issues occasionally simply because they rushed? There really isn't one size fits all when it comes to something like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.