How often you connect your iPad to computer (iTunes)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aihna, May 26, 2011.

?

Just like to see how many people rarely connects iPad to computer.

1. multiple times a day

5 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. once a day

12 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. once a week

54 vote(s)
    38.3%
  4. once a month

35 vote(s)
    24.8%
  5. rarely except os upgrade/jail break etc

35 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. aihna macrumors newbie

Just like to see how many people rarely connects iPad to computer.

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I don't have my iPad yet, but with my other iDevices I sync them every couple of weeks just to create a more current backup. I like knowing I have a fairly recent backup in case I ever need to restore.

3. CFoss macrumors 6502

While I occasionally charge it or update the software/music library, I tend to charge it with the AC adapter. Half because I'm lazy to go to the office at times, half because it's faster to charge via AC Adapter vs. USB Adapter.

4. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

5. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Depending if I have new content (Music, Videos or Apps).

I guess every 3 days.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I try to do it everyday at the end of the night before going to bed. Usually because I have had an update or two throughout the day, and I just feel better knowing that everything is 100% backed up. I'm a little OCD like that. lol

7. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

I only hook it up for updates since I host all my content on my iMac and stream it to the iPad. I also use iDisk and Dropbox to move any content I create back and forth.

I'm hoping future iOS updates will include updating without iTunes and better use of cloud-based storage for media (iCloud?).

8. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

as little as possible.

this is due to my excitement over devices like the ipad replacing laptops and conventional PCs.

but i know that doesn't make for a good reason not to back up my *****.

9. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

Download most of my stuff straight from iPad, unless I already have the music on laptop.

10. RWinOR macrumors 6502

Greenest and wettest place in North America
    I only sync mine when there is an iOS upgrade, I have purchased a new app I need to back up, or I purchased a song from Itunes I want to load. I charge via the AC adaptor. I follow the same formula on my IPod Touch.

11. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

12. JerseyBill macrumors member

I am on my Macbook Pro every night and tend to leave it running all night - so I just plug it in to make sure I have a backup of any new apps and a good charge for the morning.

JZB

13. Sothos macrumors member

14. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

Once a week (generally) I do a manual run of all Windows updates and run a manual quick scan in Security Essentials, just to make sure the automatic tasks haven't been missing anything. I usually use that time as a reminder to backup my iPad and iPhone as well. I also have a scheduled task that runs at 11:00 PM every night to automatically back up important files to my 3 TB external drive. I include all my iTunes content in that backup, so I always have 2 copies of my most current backup.

Needless to say, I am very particular about my tower as it basically acts as a media server to every other device in my house.

15. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

Lately I've only been syncing mine for iOS updates. I sync my iPhone more frequently just to have a recent backup.

16. floydp macrumors newbie

floydp

I guess overall about once a week. Recently more often since I been installing some new apps.

17. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Once every week or two, generally if there's a new podcast or something in my library that I want to listen to.

18. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

didn't vote - the survey choices are too limited. need a choice like "once every 2-3 weeks", that would fit my profile

i use my ipad2 as primarily as an ebook reader and occasional movie player. music duties are filled by my ipod.

19. Zeos macrumors 6502

Much of the day if I'm at my work desk. Sync two three times a day to stay backed up.

20. iThinman macrumors regular

21. svenn macrumors 6502

I have synced maybe twice. On my original/1st gen/old/classic ipad 1g.

22. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Meh. Somewhere between weekly and monthly.

Bring on OTA updates and remote backup! iPad needs to be free :)

23. techkidd4400 macrumors regular

I agree with a couple of other posters that the survey is missing a choice between one week and one month. I selected one week on the survey, but more accurately the frequency is 2-3 weeks and probably will soon be one month.

24. Siggen macrumors 6502

Almost never, but I chose once a week cause iTunes pops up when connect my iPad 2 to Xcode to push code to it. And that happens at least a few days a week. (hurrying to close iTunes cause it steels cpu time lol)