Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How pissed off would you be?

• zOMGWTFBBQ DIE STEVE JOBS!!!!

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • WTF?! I was going to get one! Oh well =/

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Meh, its all good :)

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • What? New iPhone?

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Sure there is OVERWHELMING evidence that there will be a new iPhone coming out. But what if Monday rolls around and it just so happens that the only thing they do is just announce the new iPhone and not release it until a later date?

How pissed off would you guys be? I think it would be funny situation seeing how much hype is building around it. Cant say for myself that Im not excited but I know I wont be getting one anytime soon so it doesnt really matter, I just want to know whats in the second revision :D

Shurran

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2008
Somerset, UK
The top answer to me reads: OMG WTF Bar-B-Que - is this just my internet illiteracy or does Steve Jobs cry himself to sleep at night thinking of Bar-B-Ques?

mysticwhiskey

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2008
Sure there is OVERWHELMING evidence that there will be a new iPhone coming out. But what if Monday rolls around and it just so happens that the only thing they do is just announce the new iPhone and not release it until a later date?

How pissed off would you guys be? I think it would be funny situation seeing how much hype is building around it. Cant say for myself that Im not excited but I know I wont be getting one anytime soon so it doesnt really matter, I just want to know whats in the second revision :D

Personally I wouldn't be bothered one way or another, even though I'll probably end up buying a next-gen iPhone eventually.

I could see the funny side of it too, more so due to the fact that Apple haven't hyped it at all but rather it's all been speculation of the part of analysts & eager punters - Apple never promised anything! ;)

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Apple wont accounce the iPhone for a later release date, since with that bews nobody will buy the current one (if they even have any left to sell). Id be kinda pissed, but if they gave a release date then i could better plan what to do about my Verizon situation.

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
The top answer to me reads: OMG WTF Bar-B-Que - is this just my internet illiteracy or does Steve Jobs cry himself to sleep at night thinking of Bar-B-Ques?

it will actually be you crying on Monday night OMG WTF BBQ because the iPhone isnt released :)

But anyhow, it is surprising how its a pretty even split between people who dont care (3rd answer), people who care but not enough to be upset (2nd answer), and pissed off people (1st answer).

Im going to guess though that the iPhone wont be released on Monday though. Apple does have a tendency to annouce major products early but not deliever much later.

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Why we'll see it on the 16th: AT&T Stores have the vacation blackout starting the 16th. And apple is known for having a period of hype. (Granted, this one won't be 6 months).

Why we'll see it on the 9th: The Apple online stores are sold out, and the Apple retail stores have very low inventory of them. Apple probably doesn't want to lose any more sales than absolutely necessary. Plus, most of the rumors have been pointing to a massive ramp up of production.

Why we'll see it late in the month: The AT&T vacation blackout goes until the end of June. Plus, there are those nasty rumors that the 2nd Gen iPone was having issues, and they were delaying production.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the week of the 16th. But I do so hope for the 9th. Been wanting an iPhone for a year and a half now.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I just hope we won't have to wait more than a week to buy the new iPhone. and i hope they will have enough to sell!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.