How satisfied are you with the macworld announcements?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aerospace, Jan 6, 2009.

?

I give Macworld 09 a ...

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. 9

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. 8

10 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. 7

15 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. 6

12 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. 5

17 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. 4

20 vote(s)
    9.7%
  8. 3

26 vote(s)
    12.6%
  9. 2

27 vote(s)
    13.0%
  10. 1

73 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Post your favorite/item you were most hoping for that didn't come.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Mac Mini update. I think it's still coming, but I was hoping to see it today. :/

And why is this in the iPhone forum... unless you want iPhone-specific announcements, in which case you should specify that...

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I Guess Jobs is saving any major iPhone stuff for their own events, as a way of giving IDG the finger, lol.

5. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

What announcements? You mean the ridiculously expensive MBP? Negative...

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I was hoping for a Mac Pro update, even though there were no rumors it is more than due for an update along with the Mini.

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I'm actually quite happy with the announcements. I wasn't expecting anything specific hardware-wise. I would like to see an iPhone nano, even though I'm happy with my 3G, but since I wasn't planning on buying one I'm not disappointed.

I'm very happy with all the iTunes updates, I always love new features on iWork since I use it a lot for school projects and I can't wait to try the new iPhoto.

8. I need Skrimps macrumors newbie

I wanted to at least hear that Apple was developing something for the iphone. It is still lacking in many areas and I would like to see that they are trying to improve it.

itunes = money for apple
    firmware updates = nothing for aplle

9. chrisblore macrumors regular

I wasn't expecting it (because I knew I'd just be disappointed) but push notification needs to happen pronto. It was promised for September 2008 and, four months later, we still have nothing and not a peep out of Apple. :mad:

10. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

Was looking to hear some possible iPhone firmware update info and there was nothing... how :apple:rific. At least a sneak peek or a key word for the key note. Oh well, I tend to agree with the other poster who said they didn't debut much to stick it to IDG...

11. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Apple pulled a Kathy Griffin and told MacWorld to suck it....

It's expected though because it's the last one Apple will be presenting at and they want to tell consumers that they don't need trade shows to showcase their products. I'm hoping we'll see a bigger announcement soon.....

12. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I got the two things I wanted:

1. DRM free
    2. Download music using 3G

13. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I was hoping for at least a 9700M GT in the 17" Macbook Pro...not the same graphics cards...so I waited to get a new comp for nothing...(after all, the only thing that's different is an extra USB port, larger display, more RAM from an already adequate 4 GB and larger SSD.

14. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Did you miss the keynote?

15. calvy macrumors 65816

Hah. Nice topical reference.

Seriously though, I was quite disappointed by this Macworld. I don't buy anything from iTunes anyway, so I don't care about being able to download music over my 3g connection now. Don't care about the 17". And I don't use iLife. I was hoping to see new Mac Mini's so bad so I could add one to my home entertainment center. I was hoping the current models would be available for cheaper, but I guess I'll have to wait longer. Eventually they'll be offered for closeout prices, even if it's discontinued.

16. techage14 macrumors regular

techage14

Honestly, I was just yawning during the iLife and iWork updates. I could care less because I don't use iLife or iWork exclusively. The thing that did turn my head was the MacBook Pro announcement. Although it wasn't shocking, it was something to listen to. I only wish they could make the MacBook Pro 15-inch with an 8 hour battery. my MacBook Pro only gets 1 and a half hours unplugged (maybe 2 hours, if I'm lucky). 8 hours would be a great improvement. Oh well. I like the new iTunes pricing. Music for as low as .70? + it's DRM-free? heck yea!! it's just what I've been asking for in this economy.

17. milani macrumors 68000

milani

18. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

19. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

20. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

I know I'm dreaming, but I was hoping for cut and paste, MMS, video, landscape throughout the iPhone, and the ability to pick from a menu for different themes and a today screen showing number of calendar items, e-mail, text messages, etc.

21. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Let's see... iLife and iWork updates are always welcome, but never very exciting... I don't care about the 17'' MBP... and we got no iMac, no Mac mini, no iPhone push service, no Nehalem Mac Pros, no new hardware lines, no higher capacity iPhones or iPod touches...

Basically the only bright spot was that iTunes is going all Plus.

22. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I'm annoyed they didn't announce a 32GB iPhone so I could replace my full one. Ugh...looks like I'll be buying an iPod Classic now.

23. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

DRM free music. That was big for me! The other stuff was just fluff. I will be purchasing the new iLife thou.

I still think the Mac Mini is going to be updated at an apple only press like conference.

24. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

im just glad these iphone nano rumors will stop... I hope.

25. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I find the lack of respect for customers by having a keynote and not even making a public announcement about the state of push notification when it's over four months late to be quite staggering.

Phazer