Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I’ve had my iPhone 11 for a while now and I have 0 scratches on it, it’s been my favourite iPhone design and I love the colour.

I have heard a lot of people say their iPhone 11’s are really easy to scratch so I’m curious to hear how scratched up your phones are.

Also I’m curious if your iphone, Apple Watch, ipad etc got a scratch on it, would this bug you or would you still think your device is beautiful even with scratches on it?

jcorbin

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
D.C.
My 11 pro max doesn’t have any scratches that I can see. It’s been in several cases but none of them last long. Spent most of its life unadorned.

Reactions: Bethanie21

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
No scratches on mine. All my devices are in cases but My Apple Watch. The iPad has a flip cover though and I don’t use it too much. My phone is only a few months old so no scratches yet...

Reactions: ScreenSavers

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
I have an iPhone XR. It has a few micro-scratches but they don't interfere with the operation of the phone so I don't pay attention to them. The only sure way to avoid scratches is to never remove the phone from its box. Just enjoy your phone and try not to worry about the little things :)

Reactions: Wide opeN

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
My 11 Pro has no visible scratches. I’ve had it since launch day, and it’s never been in a case.

My series 4 Apple Watch has one small scratch from when I fell outside last year. After that, I put a bumper on it, which is fairly uglifying, but it is what it is. This thing has to last for at least a couple more years!

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
I’ve had my iPhone 11 for a while now and I have 0 scratches on it, it’s been my favourite iPhone design and I love the colour.

I have heard a lot of people say their iPhone 11’s are really easy to scratch so I’m curious to hear how scratched up your phones are.

Also I’m curious if your iphone, Apple Watch, ipad etc got a scratch on it, would this bug you or would you still think your device is beautiful even with scratches on it?
My 11 Pro is well protected behind a glass Belkin screen protector and an Apple cover.
But my Apple Watch 5 is used ... as a watch. So it could collect scratches over the time, because I’m even training with it.
I just don’t care.

callihan_44

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
new iphone 11 pro owner, does the camera have protective film that needs to be removed? when the at&t associate removed the phone from the box I told them to leave film on because I dont have a case yet

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
new iphone 11 pro owner, does the camera have protective film that needs to be removed? when the at&t associate removed the phone from the box I told them to leave film on because I dont have a case yet

I don’t believe there is any film on the camera bump. Hope this helps

Reactions: callihan_44

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
Scratch free Pro Max, but it lives in a case with a screen protector.

No there is no film. Which kinda surprises me, I thought I'd be seeing more "my new iPhone has scratches all over the camera lenses when I opened the box" threads.

Reactions: callihan_44

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Not at all but it’s always in a case and has a glass screen protector on so mot much chance of it getting scratched.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
My 11 Pro has a couple surface scratches on the front screen (not entirely sure where they're from). But the scratches only show under certain light, so it doesn't bother me too much. My phone is also naked as well.

Last edited:

Spacerock

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2019
Got the 11 pro a week ago and nearly shattered it yesterday.
I have the Apple battery case on most of the time, it died yesterday when I was going out for dinner so I left it at home and took the phone caseless. Well for the first time in years I fell on concrete while holding the phone, it is scratches but not broken so I won’t be using the Apple care allowance. At least I don’t have to care about it being scratched at this point.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Got the 11 pro a week ago and nearly shattered it yesterday.
I have the Apple battery case on most of the time, it died yesterday when I was going out for dinner so I left it at home and took the phone caseless. Well for the first time in years I fell on concrete while holding the phone, it is scratches but not broken so I won’t be using the Apple care allowance. At least I don’t have to care about it being scratched at this point.
I’m so sorry to hear this! At least now you can enjoy the phone without worrying about scratching it.

funkiejack

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2013
I didn’t believe in the hype that these new reports of the 11 being easy to scratch until it happened to mine. I had mine in a case for 2 months but no screen protector and it stayed in perfect condition until i gently scraped the corner of my MacBook Pro against the glass leaving a 2 inch vertical scratch right on the screen that I could feel with my nail. In addition, a friend holding two 11s together on top of each other and the rear camera glass easily scratched the other front display. That’s unacceptable to me, I’m back to my iphone SE and iPhone 8 without screen protectors and they are completely fine.

Bottom line, either don’t care or tempered screen protector.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
My iPhone 7 Plus has a few chips in the paint, which is matte black so that explains it, but it's pretty scratch free other than that. The screen has one deep and short scratch on it which is bothersome, and a few hairline scratches but that's fairly normal for an almost 4 year old phone.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I have one deep scratch in the notch area but that’s now covered by the Tempered Glass screen protector, but other than that? Nothing else that’s visible at least.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I have one deep scratch in the notch area but that’s now covered by the Tempered Glass screen protector, but other than that? Nothing else that’s visible at least.
Doesn’t a screen protector over the notch cause Face ID to not work? Unless you meant it’s not covered by the screen protector.

ACB 123

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015

ZERO MARKS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.