How Stable is your iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kdawg, Oct 9, 2007.

?

How Stable is your iphone

1. 100% Stable. No problems at all.

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. Crashes now and then.

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Crashes all the time! I am about to throw this thing through a wall

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don’t own an iphone… I don’t do first generation products.

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. kdawg macrumors regular

kdawg

Just been talking with people about how apple doesn’t allow 3rd party apps and someone said that it’s because the iphone is unstable… So I want to know…. Is your iphone stable?

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Seems to be.

Once in a great while Safari crashes. But, it's just like the desktop OS-X, in that it only affects Safari. I haven't had anything take down the phone as a whole. (I've had it since 6/29).

edit: I didn't vote, as "crashes" connotes the entire device needing a restart/reset.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I find my phone to be extremely stable. Are you sure your friend wasnt saying that if you were to put 3rd party apps onto the phone it would become unstable?

4. kdawg thread starter macrumors regular

kdawg

No actually they were saying that apple is not allowing third party apps because the os is unstable.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Yes, mine is stable with 3rd party apps installed (knocks on wood). It depends on the apps though, Apollo isn't stable and forced me to restart so I'm using BeeJive/Meebo now. Navizon is fairly stable but when zooming in too far it quits out. I haven't tried any other apps besides SMBPref, Summerboard and Services. Those have been stable so far.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I agree. He was probably saying it would make the phone unstable. Apple has mentioned this reasoning several times.

7. PDE macrumors 68020

My unlocked iphone with third party apps is extremely stable. Sometimes Apple apps AND third party apps crash just like they do in Macos x, but the core OS seems very stable to me.

8. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

There has been some discussion of the OS not being "mature" enough to allow a SDK to be released. I would tend to disagree with that. They have a lot of experience with OS-X and the point of the iPhone using OS-X is to share code with the desktop version when feasible.

9. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

iPod playback is sketchy on my 1.1.1 phone while I'm using Safari, especially if it's an AJAX-heavy site where even keyboard input slows down. Other than that, aces.

10. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Yeah, for the most part the iPhone is stable. I'm not too picky so I'm content with how its treating me :)