How to access websites that support only IE?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by v2club, Aug 21, 2011.

1. v2club macrumors regular

Does anybody know how to access websites supporting ONLY Internet Explorer?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Besides changing the user agent?
    You will have to run it in parallels or another virtual way if changing the user agent does not get the results you want.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

If it's for ActiveX enabled sites, only Internet Explorer can work. You could install Windows via boot camp or virtual machine.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

I forgot the obvious boot camp :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You can't.

I have to access a specific ADP site to do payroll for my church and it will only work on internet explorer. Not Firefox (for the pc), not safari nothing but IE. Kind of a pain but that's the world we live in I guess.

6. spidey3 macrumors regular

Get the church to switch to a different provider:
    • MSIE is evil
    • ADP is evil and controls far too much of the payroll servicing business
    • Could switch to e.g. AccountEdge and bring the whole thing in house and save major bucks

Spidey!!!

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's not going to happen, they're very happy with ADP, as I am. Customer support has been excellent, and the employees have been paid regularly.

There's little business justification because ADP employs technology that is MSIE only. I'd rather deal with using IE but know the employees are getting paid as they should then move to a provider that does not have as good reputation as ADP and/or increased cost.

8. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

My university's Email thing is on Microsoft Web Access or whatever, and it allows you only basic functions on non-IE browsers. You can only set up redirecting on IE, for example. If you change the user agent, it locks up and you can't click anything.

I don't see why anyone uses Microsoft Web Access. I say screw that, it's discrimination.