How to activate an at&t iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dwhynman, Oct 13, 2011.

1. dwhynman macrumors regular

I did not have an upgrade for my line but another phone on my account was due for an upgrade so I used that phone number to buy my phone. Will it be easy to activate my phone on the line I want it for or will I need to go to the at&t store. If I need to go to the store will I even be able to get help with a mob scene like they expect?

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

Which hoe exactly? :p

In the past we used other lines for upgrades and just popped in the sim we wanted and it worked.

3. realchimera macrumors regular

You are right. It would be easier to read the instructions first and follow the link att sent to you to activate the iphone

4. chdwil macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am in a similar situation. I upgraded on my wife's 3GS line. I am going to use the 4s to replace my 4.

When the phone arrives can I just put my sim in before activation? Will it affect my wife's 3GS since it is the line it was ordered on?

I don't want my wife's 3GS's sim to deactivate if I activate the 4s with my sim in it.

Any AT&T reps here with some input?

Thx

5. chris459 macrumors member

I upgrade another line on my account! As soon as my phone comes I will swap the SIMS along as you do not turn on the iPhone 4s with the new sim in it the old sim will still work!! and when you put your sim from your iPhone 4 into the 4s things will work perfect!!

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I would first activate the phone as the instructions advise, and then swap SIMS.

7. iSkier macrumors regular

Question about this also, I am currently on an Android device, so when my 4S comes do I have to do anything besides activate the iPhone? Like do I have to deactivate the Android?

8. chdwil macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

If I activate first the my wife's 3GS sim will deactivate. Then I will have to get a new sim because the micro sim in the 4s won't fit the 3GS.

9. chdwil macrumors regular

Anyone have any firsthand input?