How to Attract Trolls, a Guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
This is a good thread actually. :) Everyone who posts on forums has been a troll from time to time or accused of it at least. The only people who truly get offended (as opposed to faking offense) are those who take it all too seriously.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
This is a good thread actually. :) Everyone who posts on forums has been a troll from time to time or accused of it at least. The only people who truly get offended (as opposed to faking offense) are those who take it all too seriously.
Get yur smilies outa heer n00b! GTFO! Quit trollin' troll! :mad:

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
YOU'Z TROLLIN!
Nuthin' but the FACTS!!!

No, bleuberr1e5 r far super1or to strwberies. Not onlee frum a scientifik stance butt also frum a taste perspective.
Ur sients is rong. Da strawbarriez r betr.

Wuss.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
A troll is defined on the Wikipedia as “a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.”

Such BS! I hate Wikicrappia. :D

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
Only a troll would make such a comment. :p

plinden

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2004
I'd like to defend trolling. When done with a bit of intelligence, it can be fun to deflate the egos of the more puffed up and arrogant regulars.

I've done a bit of trolling in the past, not here on MacRumors, but back in the USENet days.

Trolling has a long and illustrious history. One of the original trolls (pre-Internet) was an Irish journalist called Brian O'Nolan (aka Miles Na gCopaleen, aka Flann O'Brien), who at one point was carrying on several inflammatory letter "threads" in the Irish Times newspaper, attacking not just other writers, but his own letters that he'd written under other names - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_O'Nolan#Journalism

He would likely have loved the internet.

supergota

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
Nice

Gotta love 'em trolls. CNET ought to get a whiff of this, 'cause their comments section is just filled with trolling or accusations of it.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I'd like to defend trolling. When done with a bit of intelligence, it can be fun to deflate the egos of the more puffed up and arrogant regulars.

I've done a bit of trolling in the past, not here on MacRumors, but back in the USENet days.

Trolling has a long and illustrious history. One of the original trolls (pre-Internet) was an Irish journalist called Brian O'Nolan (aka Miles Na gCopaleen, aka Flann O'Brien), who at one point was carrying on several inflammatory letter "threads" in the Irish Times newspaper, attacking not just other writers, but his own letters that he'd written under other names - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_O'Nolan#Journalism

He would likely have loved the internet.
Crap. You have no idea what you're talking about. He wouldn't have loved the internet, he would have hated it. I knew him, we were friends.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
A troll is defined on the Wikipedia as “a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.”

Such BS! I hate Wikicrappia. :D
wow that covers just about everybody with an e-mail account.

Status
Not open for further replies.