Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3sunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
I'm a windows and iPhone 6s user, and i'm going to backup my iphone 6s to pc for iOS 12 update, but you know how disappointing to use iTunes to backup iPhone on windows computer. the slow speed, the choppy performance and even worse it doesn't allow me to choose which data file to backup manuallyo_O I really need a good iTunes alternative to help backup my iPhone 6s easily. I have found dearmob iphone manager, anytrans, itransfer, imazing and iexplorer that claim themselves to be the best itunes alternative, but i don't know which one is the best i should choose to backup my iphone 6s to computer. Maybe there is something else better?

Reactions: Daisy Styles

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The best offline backup system for any Apple hardware is iTunes. After all it’s developed by the manufacturer.

Alternatively iCloud backup is solid as an online option.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I'm a windows and iPhone 6s user, and i'm going to backup my iphone 6s to pc for iOS 12 update, but you know how disappointing to use iTunes to backup iPhone on windows computer. the slow speed, the choppy performance and even worse it doesn't allow me to choose which data file to backup manuallyo_O I really need a good iTunes alternative to help backup my iPhone 6s easily. I have found dearmob iphone manager, anytrans, itransfer, imazing and iexplorer that claim themselves to be the best itunes alternative, but i don't know which one is the best i should choose to backup my iphone 6s to computer. Maybe there is something else better?
Maybe you can explain why do you want to do that.

For piece meal backups:
Photos: plenty of other services that can assist you. Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. My favorite, Flickr (1TB for free).
Contacts, calendar: use iCloud

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If you are preparing for iOS 12 update, why not just having a backup created by iTunes? Do you worry about carrying over trash files that might be left in iOS 11?

Daisy Styles

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2018
S.F
To nip it in the bud before it gets suck, it is wise to back up your iPhone before updating to iOS 12. While iTunes can be fiddly and tricky to install, and icloud has the reputation of being unsafe, I recommend you to use DearMob iPhone Manager. Not only does it do a one-click full back and restore but also supports advanced restore photo, music, video, contacts and message files selectively without data loss. I'm using a free version from this page: https://www.5kplayer.com/iphone-manager/backup-iphone-without-itunes.htm, and guess what, it can replace my itools and directly install IPA to iOS!!!

3sunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
The best offline backup system for any Apple hardware is iTunes. After all it’s developed by the manufacturer.

Alternatively iCloud backup is solid as an online option.

Yes! iCloud is a good backup method. Unfortunately, I only have 5GB storage space for free to backup my iPhone data, and I'm not going to upgrade my plan temporarily, so I have to abandon iCloud backup at present. Besides, iCloud could not help me backup iPhone when there is no WiFi, so I just search for a desktop software.
[doublepost=1536657584][/doublepost]
Maybe you can explain why do you want to do that.

For piece meal backups:
Photos: plenty of other services that can assist you. Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. My favorite, Flickr (1TB for free).
Contacts, calendar: use iCloud

iCloud is good, but I only have 5GB free storage space at present that is totally limited for me to backup my whole iPhone Actually, I'm looking for a software that can backup iPhone like iTunes as well as allow me to backup specific photo or contacts, no need to download various apps on my iPhone as my iPhone is 16GB.
[doublepost=1536657775][/doublepost]
If you are preparing for iOS 12 update, why not just having a backup created by iTunes? Do you worry about carrying over trash files that might be left in iOS 11?
Yes, that's my worry. Also, iTunes can't backup all things, like content from the iTunes and App Stores.
[doublepost=1536657871][/doublepost]
To nip it in the bud before it gets suck, it is wise to back up your iPhone before updating to iOS 12. While iTunes can be fiddly and tricky to install, and icloud has the reputation of being unsafe, I recommend you to use DearMob iPhone Manager. Not only does it do a one-click full back and restore but also supports advanced restore photo, music, video, contacts and message files selectively without data loss. I'm using a free version from this page: https://www.5kplayer.com/iphone-manager/backup-iphone-without-itunes.htm, and guess what, it can replace my itools and directly install IPA to iOS!!!

thanks! I will have a try.
[doublepost=1536657998][/doublepost]
Try iMazing, it's a great app for iOS users and there's a Windows version as well.

thanks! I will have a try. Would you mind to give me more explanations about iMazing.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Yes! iCloud is a good backup method. Unfortunately, I only have 5GB storage space for free to backup my iPhone data, and I'm not going to upgrade my plan temporarily, so I have to abandon iCloud backup at present. Besides, iCloud could not help me backup iPhone when there is no WiFi, so I just search for a desktop software.
You want a backup all the time, not just when you upgrade your phone.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016

Spend that couple of dollars/ pounds for extra iCloud storage. You’ll be surprised by the hassle free backup process.

Why’s backing up without WiFi even a worry, don’t you have internet / WiFi at home? I mean it’s literally as simple as plugging your device into the charger when you get home. That’s it! Automatic backup takes care of everything and also with - optimise storage - turned on, you don’t run out of device storage ever even on your 16GB device.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Spend that couple of dollars/ pounds for extra iCloud storage. You’ll be surprised by the hassle free backup process.

Why’s backing up without WiFi even a worry, don’t you have internet / WiFi at home? I mean it’s literally as simple as plugging your device into the charger when you get home. That’s it! Automatic backup takes care of everything and also with - optimise storage - turned on, you don’t run out of device storage ever even on your 16GB device.
Local solution is always better when internet is not present, plus you have more control over your data.
Also, he might be one of those guys who uses cellular as his own internet connection.

Reactions: 212rikanmofo

3sunshine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2018
You want a backup all the time, not just when you upgrade your phone.

Yes, backup for iOS 12 update is what i want to do at present. I also hope backup my iphone 6s frequently.
[doublepost=1536719214][/doublepost]

Thanks for your suggestion, maybe i should pay for extra iCloud storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.