How to backup my Live Photos to PC?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by eddimax, Mar 25, 2017.

1. eddimax macrumors member

hi!

anyone knows how to backup my live photos from iphone to pc (windows). i am not asking to play those photos on pc, i just want to backup them and for couple of months/years be able to take it back to my iphone. is there any way to do this? i know live photos is combination of .jpg and .mov file, i can download both files easily to pc, but i dont know how to put them back to iphone.

i know there is icloud solution but 5gb is too small for me and i dont want to pay just to keep my photos.. also, there is google photos but they compress live photos and i want original file without quality loss.

any help?
    thanx

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

The best is to backup Live Photos in the forms of jpg+mov but not a real "live photo". However, google has a new app called "motion still" specifically designed to process Live Photos. You might also save Live Photos as GIF files.

Update: that app cannot save Live Photos as animated GIF. My bad.

3. eddimax thread starter macrumors member

thanx shiraski, but i am not interested in GIF's, its too much lost of video quality and i will complitely lost sound ... i want to keep my quality the way it is now.

4. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

For the paltry sum of a 50GB iCloud subscription it would really solve all your problems without all this hassle you are finding.

5. eddimax thread starter macrumors member

Would not solve my problems because i have more than 50Gb of photos and almost empty 5Tb local disc where i could keep it .. icloud is not an option

6. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

use dropbox or google drive auto upload.

7. eddimax thread starter macrumors member

dropbox doesnt support live photos
    google reduces the picture quality heavily
    so .. NO!