How To Cancel Your AT&T Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lavrishevo, Jun 16, 2010.

1. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

FYI:

For those of us who had orders in both AT&T and Apple due to the server nightmare yesterday it is possible to cancel your AT&T order. You just need to talk to the online department not the regular customer service. They can cancel the order and refund your money quickly.

2. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Online dept. direct number: 866-391-0749

Hope this helps...

3. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I need to do this buy they're saying I can't. Argh :mad:

4. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Are you sure you spoke to the online department? You have to go directly to them to cancel. I did this morning and my order shows up as canceled.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I did this 15 minutes ago. Got a cancellation email yet the status on AT&T's order page still shows the order in progress.

Hopefully the status page takes a while to update.

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

My order is apparently in purgatory. It's there but no one can do anything with it or see specifics on it. I've got one lined up at Best Buy, and my AT&T one wont arrive until the 25th. I'd really prefer to cancel it. I was on hold with this number but it hung up on me. Sigh.

7. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

From this thread, I'm in limbo and out $426 for a duplicate order on AT&T's site.

8. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I spent 40+ min on hold this morning but was able to cancel it. Checked the status 30 min ago and it stated canceled. It can take up to 5 days for a refund.

9. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Thanks. They haven't even charged me yet. Grr.

10. fansie macrumors member

I tried to call an hour ago and they said they were having trouble canceling my order and to call back later. They said that they will be able to help me cancel the order later this evening.

I am going to try to call back now and see if they can help now - I don't want the order to go through.

11. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Don't bother. I keep getting disconnected with high volume.

12. lavrishevo thread starter macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Just to show how screwed up their systems are. I ordered at 2pm on the 15th and they did not process it until the next day stating my order was on the 16th. This was my second order for my wife. Apple, however, processed it in 15 min.

13. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Same here. I go through all the automated prompts, only to get cut before I get placed in a queue.

You would think that a telecommunications company would effectively be able to handle something that's related to telecommunications.

14. Swampthing macrumors 6502

Swampthing

Hard to say but it is truly a "lesson learned" when you take the risk of ordering from two different places. Sometime you get stuck... Not really sure how you could have completely gone through the checkout for both places and not realized what you were doing.

OTOH, you might get lucky when they arrive as there could be a potential eBay market out there unless Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Radio Shack saturate everyone.

15. fansie macrumors member

Waited 35 minutes on hold and then someone comes on and says before I could even speak.

"If this call is about and iPhone order, we cannot access those orders and you will need to call back, blah blah blah. If this is not about an iPhone order, we can help you"

That makes no sense at all and quite frustrating! They said their system should be able to access iPhone orders in 2 to 3 hours.

16. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

uhh keep both maybe since it was crazy they won't know haha then sell one on ebay for 800 dollars or more. i mean if u look at it this way in the end they can charge you for the phone which is what 600.. u still make 200 or more dollars!!!!!

17. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I just got through and canceled my order. I'll be using my Apple Store reservations first thing next Thursday to pick up two new phones.

18. fansie macrumors member

you just called and got a different message that I got at 5:07 EST?

19. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

When I posted that, I had been talking to the AT&T lady for about 5 minutes, and before that, I was on hold for about 28 minutes. So I guess I called around 4:45 PM. She canceled the shipping order, then the entire order itself, and I got the confirmation email about a minute after I hung up.

20. fansie macrumors member

I am beginning to see why people absolutely hate AT&T. I called them at 11:03 when I got home and waited on the phone for 57 minutes (exactly at 12:00 AM) when I was finally helped. I tried to cancel the order (again!) and was told unfortunately their department closes at 12:00 AM EST and when they close, their "system turns off" and they cannot cancel or create orders.

I will try again at tomorrow. I believe Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek said it the best, "Simply Stunning."

21. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

I am thinking about canceling my ATT premier order. It still has not shown up in the ATT order tracking system and according to everyone except the few people at ATT premiere service, it doesn't even exist. My upgrade eligibility still says I qualify for discounted pricing on a new device and my CC hasn't been charged. I'll wait one more day before I cancel and just use my Apple Store reservation for the 24th.

It seems like I should be okay picking up if I am not the authorized account holder and should be good with my IRU FAN. This truly is an adventure.

22. selianth macrumors newbie

By the way, I just called the number listed in the 2nd post in this thread. I waited on hold for approximately 30 minutes, but it took all of 5 minutes once they picked up to pull up my order, confirm the information, and cancel it. It was quite easy. So I just wanted to confirm for people that may have double ordered through AT&T and Apple that this method still works.

23. senrab macrumors member

I called this phone number as well, and I ended up getting a lady who told me to call the exact same number. Can someone tell me which options they selected?

24. labman macrumors 604

labman

went though this last year I ended up with two phones one from Apple one From AT&T. Neither would allow me to cancel. I sold one off them when I got it for the $299. but that was because it was a AT&T agent and I knew she was out of contract. if you sell it to just anybody you might end up with a bill for 600-700 bucks. this year I'm getting what I want even if it takes me another 3 months. but canceling is very difficult.

25. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Did your contract renewal date change back from 2012?