How to check for defects?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ronron, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronron macrumors newbie

I seen a lot of defect thread recently and I couldn't even tell the difference between a defect and a non-defect even with those pictures (is something wrong with my eye?) Anyway, can anyone give me a page (as I tried googling it) that helps identify defects like screen, overheat, and other type of defects? Thanks in advance.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

If you don't notice any defects then be happy with your purchase.

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

What type of problem are you having with your MBP? That would give folks some info to possibly assist you.

4. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

If you tried google and you didn't get any results.. I don't know what to tell you.

Also your 'defects' is quite broad. Put some effort into your post and describe what you are trying to isolate and use the search function and give me another go with google.

5. ronron thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess I wasn't clear enough. I don't know if my Macbook has any defect. I been reading around that forums that a lot of people are experiencing defects on the rMPB. My eyes are what the used to be (even with glasses!) and I wanted to give this to my nephew on her birthday and I don't want any type of defect so is there anyone that could help me identify defects (like hot pixel, light blotch, etc)? And yes I did try googling, but I still can't distinguish between the two displays.

6. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Give what to your nephew? a new rMBP? Why do I have a feeling you are just a lazy poster making up a story to get the answers to questions you are not even sure of.

If you can't distinguish between 2 displays or many examples found online than you have no problem. OR book an appointment with Apple and tell them exactly your 'issue'.

7. SCalkins, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

SCalkins macrumors regular

Common:

- Yellowed or Uneven Color caused by "outsourced" (secondary display Manf. Also Located in Shang, CH) Display
    - Scatches / Knicks / Dents on outer Surface
    - "Creeky" Casing caused by Loose Screws
    - "Fuzzy" / Distorted Noise From Speaker
    - FaceTime Camera Resolution Problems
    - Unusual and Extreme heat issues...

Then the normal.. Make sure it works .. Turns on ect...

Wait... You said nephew on HER birthday ... Wtf..

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

A MBP for your nephew on her birthday? Sounds like a fun family. Also, if you look hard enough anything can be a defect. Or, you do just try and enjoy the gift to your relative. I'm sure s/he will love it.

9. ronron thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you SCalkins for the informative post. May I please ask about what you mean by etc?

@OatmealRocks Yeah, no one ever give things to their nephew and every person lies about that "generic" story. Really, can't I love my nephew? And why spend the time to vilify another person. Surely, you have more time on your hand than I do. Posting takes much more time than a simple google search. Such a meretricious post.

10. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Not so fast..nephew won't be getting it until he does his review on using Mountain Lion on the rMBP. CHECK HERE. I call BS on OP.

----------

Use the search function, and actually use GOOGLE. You are not even clear what you are looking for and if you have searched GOOGLE and have found nothing then either you are AMAZING or you full of it. LOL @ your other thread.

11. ivnj macrumors 65816

Just hold down option and d key on keyboard on boot up and run hardware test. If it came with 10.7 lion that will work. If not then try just the d key. It will say internet recovery then apple hardware test will run if you have 10.7 and earlier probably just boot to hardware test. I think it was earlier than 2009 that had to be run off of a cd and not directly from the computer.

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

why is your nephew a "her"...sex change?

13. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

Cause he is full of it and NOW testing Mountain Lion in his new post and will 'Update' us on any 'defects' which he can not determine before he gives his opened gift to his female nephew. What so confusing right. Oh and his is a developer apparently.

14. SCalkins macrumors regular

I was referring to immediate, noticeable hardware and cosmetic issues.

15. ronron thread starter macrumors newbie

First of all; stop with this "doubt". In most Asian's language, the son and daughter of a brother or sister is one word so it's often I get confused when I write in English. Thirdly, can my NIECE use Mountain Lion while I test it? One work, two jobs done? Why do I need to lie? To get a faster answer? To cover my trivia motivation to do a simple search? This is one reason why I hate to join a forums with no proper mods. A steam of hatred. One day I join, the same day I leave. I see no more reason to stay here and I know people would flame me for this post. Thanks for everyone who actually helped me. I would go with google for more information as MOST suggested.

16. SCalkins macrumors regular

Give me a sec... I'll decode!
    :Grabs Pen and paper..

17. OatmealRocks macrumors 6502a

The answers to all your questions is YES.

18. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Ronron, just give your niece the computer. If she spots anything wrong, she can get Apple to make it right. However, since you don't see any issues, chances are, the computer is fine.

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.