How to clean rMBP screen?

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
micro fiber cloth it came with or any microfiber cloth. i used soft cotton towel today with no issues.

I didnt use any liquid of any sort. If I did, it would be water, on an extremely damp cloth.

duckrabbit

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
I use RadTech OmniCleanz and the included cloth to clean the screen as well as the case. I've used iKlear in the past but find that it leaves too many streaks and smudges on the screen unless you push rather hard when buffing. Omnicleanz doesn't require as much pressure on the screen. Whatever you use to clean the screen, be sure that the machine is off and completely cooled down to minimize streaks. A lot of people simply use water (distilled is best) and a microfiber.

Edit: Also, this is probably obvious, but you should spray whatever you use onto the cloth, not directly onto the screen.

avalys

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2004
It's glass. Clean it like you would any other piece of glass. Avoid dripping water into any openings around the edges.

Microfiber cloths are great. I find the ordinary kind works better than the "glass" type.

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
Really? You have to ask how to clean a glass screen?
It's a retina screen! We need retina cloth to clean retina screen!

to the OP: a soft microfiber cloth will do. Or any other soft cloth. Don't put loads of water on your screen.

dynafrom

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2012
take some windex and 800 grit sand paper and wipe across the screen in a swirling pattern

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Use a very fine microfiber cloth, and have a look at Fellowes products, over they years I have tested so many and this stuff, which is an LCD cleaner in a tall aluminium bottle is the best. But the cloth is also key.

Lucky555

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
iKlear is the best cleaning product for Macs. I've been using it for years, you can clean the aluminium and glass with it and it makes the computer look literally brand new. I wouldn't be able to live without it! It's a bit pricey but definitely worth it, and it lasts for months.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/iKlear-IK-5MCK-Apple-Polish-Kit/dp/B00078COKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345721204&sr=8-1
+1 i spent 3000$ for my machine,don't mind to spend another 20-30$ for a good cleaning. it makes your laptop/iphone/ipad/imac new:)

Kuray

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2010
I have Monster's cleaning kit with liquid and microfiber

But the thing is it looks different than the cloth that come with rMBP

You can feel it it is different.
Monster ones has more spaces and it is like a normal cloth but
Apple ones is more smooth just like an glasses clooth

Which should be used?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
+1 i spent 3000$ for my machine,don't mind to spend another 20-30$ for a good cleaning. it makes your laptop/iphone/ipad/imac new:)
That's like saying you spent $3k for your computer so you don't want to use a HDMI cable from monoprice, you need to buy the $150 option from Monster.