Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TSX, Feb 27, 2010.
Post up your custom Bootlogo's
Here 2 that i made for my kids iPods.
Here's mine for my G1 iPod Touch.
very cool. how are you changing these?
yes how do we change this without winterboard?
Winterboard won't touch a bootlogo
ok thanks, i thought so.
Use Redsn0w 0.9.2, You can change your bootlogo without having to re-jailbreak.
Just check custom bootlogo and already pwned.
Simple... the BSOD is restore, the other is main boot-up
...can you use jpegs? What resolution should it be?
They have to be a PNG file in RGB or Grayscale with Alpha channel and sized at or below 320x480 pixels. The finished image must be below 100Kb.
Here ya go:
My Recovery logo is the same, except "Steve" is saying "Oh S**t!".
Heres how to make them using PS:
1. Click FILE>NEW in Photoshop, select PRESET>Custom, enter size 320x480 pixels for width and height, Select COLOUR MODE>RGB>8-BIT, then BACKGROUND CONTENTS>TRANSPARENT . Also click ADAVANCED and ensure you have COLOUR PROFILE>SRGB... selected and PIXEL ASPECT RATIO>SQUARE PIXELS. (you might save these presets for other iPhone png files you want to create).
2. Put your picture in it using FILE>PLACE, and selecting the image from your computer, You can do this numerous times to select several images as you wish. Then position it on the canvas and click the tick on the taskbar; alternative might be using (in addition or not) the text tool to add text to the canvas.
3. Click FILE>SAVE FOR WEB and DEVICES, ensure you have PRESET>PNG-24 or png 8 depending how big the file is, ensure the TRANSPARENCY box is checked. Then at the botton left it will tell you the size of your image, ensure it is less than or equal to 100KB.
4. Click save, browse to your desired destination and save it as a .png file.
5. In PwnageTool select the file you just saved and so long as you ensured the file size is below 100kb and followed all steps correctly it should work.
Or you can use MS Paint to create a picture under 320x480 and save it as .PNG file.
baller ! thanks, im designing one right now
I wish- using just the apple logo grey page alone- animated gifs not allowed
Thanks for this. I made one last night. All went well. Even came in under the size requirement. I had An issue when I went to load them in redsn0w said they were above kb requirement. So I shrunk it further than turned it to grayscale to make it work. So now it's in grayscale and it's not full screen. Looks pretty dumb IMO. Would you have recommendation on what to change inorder to keep it fullscreen and in color? TIA
It should be full screen and look normal your problem is you said it came under size requirements Make sure it's 320x480
to look normal. When you save it for Web and devices, look at preview that pops up to the bottom left of your image it should give the file size, make sure it's under a 100kb. Also on the save for web and devices screen set it to Png 8 bit instead of 24, that should help drop the file size down and just make sure everything is set to 320x480.
Well when i started it was the right size. But it was over 100 kb so I readjusted the percentage like you recommended. Thus beginning my dilemma.
That's my fault for putting that in there ignore that part, just make sure you put the size at 320x480, if the file is too big try to change it to png-8 instead of 24
Here is mine, I JUST made and installed on a friends iphone i just jail broke
Update: Here is another I just made
I plan on re-jailbreaking with Reds0w tomorrow (problems with Blackra1n). Are there any screens included in the Redsn0w app that you can use or do you have to have some ready to go when you install?
Hope you don't mind, I borrowed the first one...very slick!