- Apr 12, 2001
Apple's new AirTag item tracker lets you easily track things like your keys, wallet, purse, backpack, luggage, and more. AirTags have a small, circular design with a white side and a polished stainless steel side with an Apple logo.
AirTag has been designed to discourage unwanted tracking. If you are an iPhone or iPad user, the built-in Find My app will notify you if an unknown AirTag is seen moving with you over time by displaying an "AirTag Found Moving With You" message on the screen. Even if you don't use an iOS device, an AirTag that isn't with the person who registered it for an extended period of time will play a sound when moved.
If an unknown AirTag is found to be moving with you, follow the steps below to disable the AirTag and stop sharing your location:
- Tap the "AirTag Found Moving With You" message.
- Tap on Continue.
- Tap on Instructions to Disable AirTag and follow the on-screen steps.
If you find an AirTag or a lost item with an AirTag attached that has not been moving with you, follow the steps below to learn about the AirTag and how to discover information about its original owner.
- Tap and hold the top of your iPhone or other NFC-capable smartphone to the white side of the AirTag.
- Tap the notification that appears on your phone's screen. This will open a website that provides information about the AirTag, including its serial number.
- If the AirTag's owner marked it as lost, you might see a message with information about how to contact the owner. You can contact the owner to let them know that you found their AirTag if you feel comfortable doing so.
For more information, read Apple's support document.
Article Link: How to Disable an Unknown AirTag Found Moving With You to Prevent Being Tracked