How to Dismiss Calendar Events from Modular View?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by - rob -, Apr 28, 2015.

1. - rob - macrumors regular

- rob -

[​IMG]

I like the modular head-up summary of information on Watch.

Sometimes I have calendar events set up similar to tasks or reminders, as shown above.

Is there a way to dismiss a particular calendar event from the heads up display?

I'd rather have it show some kind of other information or maybe inspirational quote there than a calendar event I no longer need to deal with / think about.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

As far as I know, if it is on your calendar and hasn't happened yet, you can't dismiss it. When it notifies you that the time is now, you can dismiss it.

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Perhaps you could consider using reminders instead of appointments? A reminder works much better for something you want to so at a certain time that you can be flexible on, like taking out the trash. Siri actually works really good for this " hey Siri, remind me to take out the trash at 7pm"

This way only things you have to do at a certain time will show up in the mentioned view.

4. - rob - thread starter macrumors regular

- rob -

Thanks for the feedback guys.

It seems like I should have this set up as a recurring reminder.

The reason it was a calendar item was that I share the chore with a house mate, so one of us needs to get it done.

So I think the best idea here is to have both of us set up individual recurring reminders.