Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

addison0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2022
I have manually exported all health data from my iPhone and it resulted in an export file that was 1.14 GB. I turned on iCloud for the health section since I am trying to get my health data transferred to my new phone. In iCloud it says the health data only takes up 165.7 MB storage. When I check the health app it says "health data was last backed up at 11:20 AM" (current time as I'm writing this). So it seems that iCloud thinks it has all the data backed up into the cloud, but it clearly hasn't because the file sizes aren't even remotely similar. How can I force it to sync the rest of the data? I have made sure the phone is connected to power and wifi. I have plenty of open storage space in iCloud.

(Also to be clear I am toggling on the switch next to Health in the iCloud section of settings. I am not toggling on the switch for the device iCloud backup)

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I have manually exported all health data from my iPhone and it resulted in an export file that was 1.14 GB. I turned on iCloud for the health section since I am trying to get my health data transferred to my new phone. In iCloud it says the health data only takes up 165.7 MB storage. When I check the health app it says "health data was last backed up at 11:20 AM" (current time as I'm writing this). So it seems that iCloud thinks it has all the data backed up into the cloud, but it clearly hasn't because the file sizes aren't even remotely similar. How can I force it to sync the rest of the data? I have made sure the phone is connected to power and wifi. I have plenty of open storage space in iCloud.

(Also to be clear I am toggling on the switch next to Health in the iCloud section of settings. I am not toggling on the switch for the device iCloud backup)
How long have you waited for everything to sync? Also, where are you seeing that your health data was last backed up at 11:20?

addison0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2022
IMG_5733.jpg

It shows it in the health app under the section when you click your profile icon. I've waited multiple hours. I watched as the storage size in iCloud grew for the health section so it was working for a bit. But now it has stopped at this 165 MB and seems to think it's finished even though I know it can't have all the data backed up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.