How to get an Ipad 2 in 3 days in Miami

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RICARDOVASCO, Apr 15, 2011.

1. RICARDOVASCO macrumors regular

Hi guys. I've asked here few times about the way to get an Ipad 2 in Miami. If I was you ( americans) I would probably order it from Apple and wait a bit. However I live in Brazil and it will be reliased only in Aug..Sep.. or something like that here in Brazil. My GF will be in Miami from sunday night to wednesday afternoon.
    My question is : What is the "easiest" and most guaranteed way to get an Ipad 2 3G,white,64GB, AT&T in Miami in 3 days? I mean, dont matter what you say, she will be available to wake up 4..5 am..etc.. stay in line..etc.. but I need to make sure and tell her the right way.
    I've checked the Ipad2locator and the others but not sure if they are accurate .

Thank you all!
    Best,

Ricardo

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

If reports are anything, it's pretty much hit or miss when it comes to wifi or GSM iPads all over the country. Though someone actually from Miami might be able to give you better advice.

3. KingOfScalpers macrumors member

Easiest most guaranteed way. Craigslist Miami. You'll pay a premium but it's by far the easiest most guaranteed way to get an ipad2

4. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

I thought about that but not sure if its a good idea to buy from "gray market". I mean, If It has any problem in future Im not sure If I can get it fixed easily. Do you guys know about that? Maybe it can come with a dead pixel or something like that so I need to have any warranty.

5. adroig43 macrumors newbie

I just went to the Aventura Apple store and they didn't have any Wi-fi models. He told me management has instructed everybody to go on Tuesday. He told me not to bother going back today (Saturday), Sunday or even Monday. To come back Tuesday.

I'm not sure if other Apple stores have instructed their employees the same, but just wanted to pass along the message. Also, if you can guy it at a Target, I would suggest looking at www.ipad2locator.com.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

all ipads have a 1 year applecare

if you have an issue, go to the apple store

7. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

I think it's still pretty hard to be honest. I've being trying every Saturday since it came out and still don't have one.

Today at Lincoln road they only had verizon iPads

8. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Best way actually is not in a store and even that is hit or miss... good luck.

9. miamihacker macrumors regular

my dad,sister and me are having the same problem :/

10. WildGuess macrumors regular

Also, Amazon has sellers based in Florida. Looks like $640 for 16 gig black, pick up there. Worth it to you?

11. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

The seller Go4computer got some Ipads. He is from Miami .

http://www.go4computers.com/contact_us.cfm

He is also a 4.9 from 5 stars on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/selle...XKC&marketplaceSeller=0&seller=A2NJJS65JSTOFD

He is asking $1,130.00
    + $6.19shipping.

Do you guys think It worths in my sittuation( need to buy one until wed) ?

Regards
    Ricardo

12. KingOfScalpers macrumors member

Do it. A couple hundred more for something you really want. If you can afford to go to the Turks and Caicos, then the iPad is chump change. Make sure yoU meet him in a public place.

13. W1MRK macrumors 6502

14. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

The guy only accept shipping it. The problem is not only the price. The problem is to get an Ipad with dead pixel or any other problem so I can not have it fixed in Brazil.
    If she tries to get one tomorrow morning which store she would go (Apple,Best Buy,Target,Radio Shack,etc)? She will be at Lincoln Rd. Is there any good place to try first? What time does she need to be in line?

15. ea9 macrumors regular

Check craigslist. It was mentioned already. Pay an extra 50 to 100 over retail and if there's a problem. Take it to the apple store right away. Thats it

16. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

I'll check.
    Thanks

17. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

Any news from Ipad availability in Miami (Apple,Best Buy,Target,Radio...)?

18. KingOfScalpers macrumors member

Don't know what else to tell you. Nobody here can predict the future. You either need to pony up a few extra dollars or take a chance standing in line.

19. IpadMania macrumors regular

20. KingOfScalpers macrumors member

I doubt the OP is a member of Sams club.

21. IpadMania macrumors regular

OP can become a member of sams club. Check toysrus also.

Its unfortunate that they chose real specific cities to sell these in and not nationwide or else i would be adding crazy profit to my bankaccount daily. As of right now its only weekly

22. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

Hey dude, even though it says "Vasco" in your nickname I'll still help you out.
    If you go to the Aventura Mall around 5am and just stay in line, you should be able to get one. The problem is, they run out of all AT&T's fairly quickly. If you're not the within the first 10 in line, just try the next day. I bought 20 ipad 2's, two at a time, doing this.

Tip: All stores USUALLY get larger shipments on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Saudações Rubro Negras!
    Guilherme

23. gosharks macrumors newbie

Ricardo,
    Do you have any friends that live in the U.S.? Can you ask them to order one from apple.com or some mail order place, receive it in 2-3 weeks, and mail it out to you in Brazil?

Rather than pay the scalpers during this frenzy, perhaps you can buy a nice gift for your friend in the U.S. for the favor.

24. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

hhahahaha thanks Guilherme! Not sure if they know whay you talked about ; )
    Guilherme is also brazilian but he supports a bad team which is the biggest rival from my supported team, Vasco ; )

Anyway, my GF stayed on Apple store line today since 6 am and they had only 2 AT&T available today. She went to Radio Shack and the guy said he had a 16gb at&T. She was checking out and realized it was not 3G. It was only wifi. Now, im not sure if she should go to Apple store where she received the ticket to buy a wifi 64 gb and say it was a mistake.. she said she wanted to 3g but the guy gave the wrong ticket..etc.. do you think it work? If not, im done. She is leaving US today and there is no more Ipad 2 at&T available.

Thanks bro!
    Saudações Vascaínas /✠/ ; )

25. RICARDOVASCO thread starter macrumors regular

Hi gosharks. Yes, I do have few friends in US and it woudn't be a problem. The big problem is when he ship it to Brazil the custom will charge me 60% (product price + shipping cost) so I will pay almost 2 Ipads for that.
    No way ; )

Thanks anyway!