How to get Push Notifications to work on iPhone 3gs 3.1.3

PiusPatronus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
Hey guys!

I was wondering how could I get push notifications to work again on my iPhone 3gs that has a 3.1.3 firmware.

I tried installing Push Doctor (http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/apt/), but it always gets stuck in "Downloading Packages" and just stays there.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

PiusPatronus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
Push notifications to any app (Meebo, Angry Birds, etc.)
I enabled it in settings but the notifications still does not work (i.e, when someone messages me in Meebo, the notifications does not work)

andy071202

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Push notifications to any app (Meebo, Angry Birds, etc.)
I enabled it in settings but the notifications still does not work (i.e, when someone messages me in Meebo, the notifications does not work)
Had the exact same problem I had to do a restore to 3.1.3

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
If you hacktivated your phone, sometimes Push Notifications simply won't work. All the workarounds are buggy and involve using another phone's certificate...which can cause you to receive someone else's notifications. I don't really know of a reliable way around this.

PiusPatronus

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2010
Had the exact same problem I had to do a restore to 3.1.3
What steps would I need to do to restore my iPhone 3gs? I dont want to use the iTunes recovery because it will restore my iPhone to 4.0 not 3.1.3 which is what I want.

XxRespectxX

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
How to get notifications to work on iPhone 3GS 4.0 new bootro

Hey guys!

I was wondering how could I get push notifications to work again on my iPhone 3gs that has a 3.1.3 firmware.

I tried installing Push Doctor (http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/apt/), but it always gets stuck in "Downloading Packages" and just stays there.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Hey man, I did something yesterday and it works for me. At first I couldn't get any notification after I jailbreak/unlock my iPhone 3GS 4.0 new bootrom. But all I had to do is "Unistall Installous in Hackulo.us from Cydia" now my notification is working properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.