How to get Push Notifications to work on iPhone 3gs 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PiusPatronus, Jul 30, 2010.

1. PiusPatronus macrumors member

PiusPatronus

Hey guys!

I was wondering how could I get push notifications to work again on my iPhone 3gs that has a 3.1.3 firmware.

I tried installing Push Doctor (http://cmdshft.ipwn.me/apt/), but it always gets stuck in "Downloading Packages" and just stays there.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Push Notifications to what? All app PN's are enabled by default or ask the user to do so.

3. PiusPatronus thread starter macrumors member

PiusPatronus

Push notifications to any app (Meebo, Angry Birds, etc.)
    I enabled it in settings but the notifications still does not work (i.e, when someone messages me in Meebo, the notifications does not work)

4. andy071202 macrumors member

Had the exact same problem I had to do a restore to 3.1.3

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If you hacktivated your phone, sometimes Push Notifications simply won't work. All the workarounds are buggy and involve using another phone's certificate...which can cause you to receive someone else's notifications. I don't really know of a reliable way around this.

6. PiusPatronus thread starter macrumors member

PiusPatronus

What steps would I need to do to restore my iPhone 3gs? I dont want to use the iTunes recovery because it will restore my iPhone to 4.0 not 3.1.3 which is what I want.

7. XxRespectxX macrumors newbie

How to get notifications to work on iPhone 3GS 4.0 new bootro

Hey man, I did something yesterday and it works for me. At first I couldn't get any notification after I jailbreak/unlock my iPhone 3GS 4.0 new bootrom. But all I had to do is "Unistall Installous in Hackulo.us from Cydia" now my notification is working properly.