How to get rid of "No Sim Installed"?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Garbag3man117, May 6, 2011.

1. Garbag3man117 macrumors member

Garbag3man117

Hi. So someone sold me this iPhone 3G 8GB that wasn't activated for 20 bucks. It was a great deal so I bought it. I went home, restored it, and jailbroke it with redsn0w on 4.2.1. I don't have a real phone, I just use Skype because I don't have much money. I don't have a SIM card, and the phone didn't come with one.

Is there any way I can change "No SIM" in the top left corner? I have already tried FakeCarrier and it changes it for a while, but once I "Slide to unlock" it changes back to "No SIM"

And can I make it so the "No SIM installed" message doesn't appear?

I practically just want to use it like an iPod Touch.

Thanks in advance

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

try CleanStatus to hide the carrier

3. Garbag3man117 thread starter macrumors member

Garbag3man117

Thanks, cleanstatus seems to have worked. any idea on the "no sim installed" message?

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I'm going to guess it's at&t, unless you think otherwise. You can buy a pre-paid sim and use it in there. You can also use an inactive sim that you get from eBay. No need to make it complicated.

5. bushido Suspended

bushido

i thought u can "hack"tivate it with pawnage tool without requiring a sim?

6. iKoopa macrumors member

iKoopa

You have to change the Springboard strings via iFile.
    Since it doesn't need to connect to a Network anymore, you won't have to worry about your carrier settings getting messed up because you changed the string.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Wow, $20 is a fantastic deal. The person who sold it must have not known that the actual phone is much more expensive than that, not $50.

Anyways, you can enable Airplane mode and then turn on WiFi so it doesn't say "No SIM" or give you those "No Sim Installed" popups.
    Will look like this:
    [​IMG]

If you throw in an inactive sim, you won't be bothered with those popups, but it will say "No Service" on the top. You might be able to change that via JB though. The first idea I mentioned is the easiest though.

8. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Airplane mode would be best as it won't suck the battery down. You can enable and disable wifi with sbsettings independently of airplane mode too.

9. ikoreanx3 macrumors newbie

SIM card incompatible message

Hi,

I have jail broken/unlocked my iPhone 3GS ios 5 and I also got the t-mobile service running through it. However, everytime I slide to unlock the idevice.. and I would have to keep bypassing it with the 112 trick. I keep getting the following message...

-------Headline: SIM not valid-------

Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to active iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card.

The phone is working fine though..it has its T-mobile service back but I don't understand why this message pops up. Please HELP ASAP !

Thank you,
    Joanne

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The No Sim Installed message only shows up for a couple of seconds
    Of course, as stated, if it bothers you that much, put a sim in it.