iPad How to get stock Weather app on iPad with JB?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by timidhermit, Feb 10, 2013.

1. timidhermit macrumors regular

The evasi0n JB is supposed to let you have the Weather app on the iPad. But I don't see it at all. Is it hidden and I need to unhide it after JB?

2. a042349 macrumors member

I'm interested in this too. I have an iPad mini and I can't figure out a way to get weather in either NC or on Springboard (I have dashboard X) without the stock weather app. If anybody knows how to get it, or how to get weather in Dashboard X or NC without it, I'd appreciate the help.

3. brendu macrumors 68020

Make that 3 of us curious about this. Is it possible that it is not showing up on the iPad 2 because since we do not have Siri there is no reason to have the weather app included? I know it is hidden but used by Siri on the newer iPads.. Thats the only thing I can think of..

4. elless macrumors newbie

I'm also interested in finding something in cydia that at least replicates the stock weather app, but haven't found anything compatible with io6 yet.

Lockinfo 4 had the perfect weather plugin, but sadly, lockinfo 5 doesn't offer it. :(

5. a042349 macrumors member

My Mini has Siri but no native weather app. Don't think it had it before JB but never paid it any attention so I'm not sure.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

That was a bug in the original version.
    The weather app just crashed anyway.

7. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

There is a way to get it on there, i've sort of figured it out with some help from other people and i posted a guide that will help

hopefully it will work for you as it did for me. Ive got it working on my ipad3
    sample shot
    [​IMG]

I also have a fix for the native weather app on the iphone, which i will post later

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The Cydia updates have already addressed the weather app crashes on the iPhone

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

10. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Nice guide, thx

11. PacerguyDon macrumors newbie

Used the above guide, but in place of using a ftp server, I used iExplorer to add the bundles as I'm on a mac and have no ftp servers installed.
    Everything seemed to go smooth, other than the Weather Icon/app didn't install. But the Weather shows up in the notification center, and was in the settings listed under weather widget. I also tried renaming the Weather bundle to WeatherNotificationsWeeApp.bundle with no changed results.

When taping on the weather in the notification center, it will open Yahoo weather in Safari. Pretty wild, but I'm ok with this, as the notification center weather was all I was really after anyway.

I don't use Stocks, so I uninstalled through Itunes.

Oh this is on a Ipad Mini.

12. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

Glad i could help and make it work, the weather app is from the iPhone, it should work if you install it the normal way :)

13. Che Castro macrumors 603

That looks like a lot of work

Can you repackage that into a cydia tweak for an easy install

14. iKID1417 macrumors newbie

iKID1417

anyone experiencing setting crash when going to privacy -> location service -> scrolling down to weather

15. Siggen macrumors 6502

What a seriously legal use for AppSync within US? Amazing, thats a first. :)

16. PacerguyDon macrumors newbie

I do, but weather doesn't even show up in my privacy/location service/
    Weird. But my whole wearher is weird.

17. MidnightSVT macrumors member

I tried using the guide pasted above, but was unsuccessful in getting the Weather app to install. When the weather ipa file was synced in itunes with my iPad, i got an error stating that it could not sync the weather app?

Are there any more details you can provide to make the install a little smoother? I am on a Mac and am using iExplorer as well.

18. elless macrumors newbie

Thanks for this! :D I now have weather!

I had to sync the weather app twice for it to go over for some reason, and couldn't get the SSH to connect, but I found that just copying the bundle files over using ifunbox worked.

hadn't even occurred to me that the iPhone versions would be enough.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360624140.989647.jpg

19. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I like your dock. Which tweak are you using to get the 8 icons in it?

20. elless macrumors newbie

Search for weather in the itunes app list for your device and see if it's listed and still waiting to 'install'. It did copy over to my ipad when I clicked sync but didn't install itself, so I had to actually go and click the install button to get it to show up.

21. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

did you respring after installing? it shows up in mine and i dont crash.

ifunbox or iexplorer should work fine. the weather app should install and show up as an iphone optimized app. try downloading again

infinidock, i wish apple had a max of 8 icons instead of the 6, such a waste of space

22. PacerguyDon macrumors newbie

@lokster,
    Yes, repsrung a few times. Switched the WeatherNotifications.Bundle that I had renamed back to it's original name. Nothing seems to change.
    The weather info shows in the Notification center, but no weather app/icon appears.

It's been working fine this way though. Just strange is all that it's only partly working.
    I wouldn't think that by placing the bundles by using iExplorer would make much difference. But maybe it does.

23. MidnightSVT, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

MidnightSVT macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. I am still getting the error message that the Weather cannot sync with iTunes. I tried iFunbox but get the error code Error# e8000036. I have appsync installed from the sinfulrepo, so I am not sure what is going on??

24. MidnightSVT macrumors member

Nevermind, got it!!

I needed the afc2add plugin.

25. Blk98Cobra macrumors newbie

I wish there was a package in Cydia that would so this lol