How to get trial version of mywi?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Stirolak123, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

I just jailbroke my iphone so I can get tethering to my ipad but mywi costs $20 but when I go to the app in CYdia it just keeps asking me to pay.

Im new to this btw.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Don't get MyWi... Get TetherMe. It's cheaper $1.99 or $2.99 and allows native tethering through the OS instead of a insecure connection.

Also, TetherMe will enable Wi-Fi Hotspot for all iPhones with 4.3.0 iPhone OS update. There is no reason to get MyWi.

3. ZmyDust, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

I have PDANet and it seems to do the same thing and I didn't pay a dime. Cant connect to secure websites (https) with the free edition Any other cons to that program? I'm also new to the world of tethering.

Info from this app - http://www.junefabrics.com/iphone/faq.php

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

I agree. The OP should wait for 4.3, then wait for the jailbreak, then re-jailbreak his phone.

I agree, too, that MyWi is insecure. When I set the power at 30%, a crowd suddenly appears within 3 feet of me and my Internet speed drops way down. I just can't figure it out. :rolleyes:

5. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I have a few more questions. On the tetherme cydia app info page it says thst to tether to ipad you need some other package related to bluetooth. Does this mean I would have t jailbreak my ipad as well? And instsll an app on it? Id rsther just only have my iphone jailbroken. Also it wont let me purchase it but the upper right icon only says install but when i start to install it says i havent paid and quits or doesnt install fully. I had ihackstore setup earlier because i wanted to try out tether,e before paying but deleted it so that might be part of the problem.

6. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

God dammit, this pisses me off. I cant purchase or use any app cause it only gives me an instsll icon on the top right. And i cant even fully install snything because it asks formourchase code or jsut breaks in mid operation. This freaking sucs!!!!

7. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Before 4.3, you will need to jb your iPad and install iTether.

8. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Doesnt mywi come with a free trial when downloading? I know it used to anyway. No way I would pay $20 for an app without a trial.

9. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mywi has wep security.

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Tetherme on 4.3 will have WPA2 security. What's your point?