how to import burned cd's with track info in itunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whitecliff, Mar 7, 2010.

1. whitecliff macrumors newbie

I have imported many cd's into itunes and I know how to do it with info as long as it is a store bought cd or a copy of a store bought cd. I have been looking forever and cant find a way to import a mixed cd into itunes and have it recognize the info for each individual track. Is there a plugin or a separate program that could assist in this. I know you can do it one track at a time but modern technology has to have found a better way. by the way I am using a mac. thanks for any help!

2. The Sheck macrumors member

The only way I've found to get mixed CDs to automatically load info. is to have the person who made it (of you if you made one) to go into 'Advanced' in the menu bar and select 'Submit CD Track Names.' It'll go into a database, which anyone who has a copy of that mix should be able to put in the CD and get the names like a "normal" CD.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

And the plague onto their head if they do that. The CD database identifies CDs only by matching CDs with exactly the same lengths of titles. Anyone submitting their mix CDs increases the chances of mismatches.

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

+1

Of course, if you're burning a data CD, the track info will be perserved.

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

When you click "Burn Disc" check "audio CD" and then check "include CD text"

Works for me.

6. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

As long as you are the person who made the mix disc........

7. hammythomas macrumors newbie

1. Open iTunes.Be sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
    2. Then insert the CD you want to import into your computer's CD/DVD drive.
    3. Your computer will think for a few moments, and then will show you this screen. If you are properly connected to the Internet, the CD name, artist name, and song titles will all display in this window.
    4. If they don't display, double check that you are connected to the Internet, and then eject and re-insert the CD.

8. Dubiousraves macrumors newbie

no track names on burned CD

This problem gets hashed out frequently on the 'net, but no solution has worked for me. I click 'import track names' in preferences before burning a compilation CD, but the burned disc still doesn't have the track names.

Such a lame flaw. I'm giving up on iTunes for burning mix CDs, and switching to Windows Media.

--Dave

9. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

The only flaw here is that Sony and Phillips didn't include directory type of information when they created the audio CD back in the early 80s.