Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whitecliff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
I have imported many cd's into itunes and I know how to do it with info as long as it is a store bought cd or a copy of a store bought cd. I have been looking forever and cant find a way to import a mixed cd into itunes and have it recognize the info for each individual track. Is there a plugin or a separate program that could assist in this. I know you can do it one track at a time but modern technology has to have found a better way. by the way I am using a mac. thanks for any help!

The Sheck

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2002
Cottage Grove
I have imported many cd's into itunes and I know how to do it with info as long as it is a store bought cd or a copy of a store bought cd. I have been looking forever and cant find a way to import a mixed cd into itunes and have it recognize the info for each individual track. Is there a plugin or a separate program that could assist in this. I know you can do it one track at a time but modern technology has to have found a better way. by the way I am using a mac. thanks for any help!

The only way I've found to get mixed CDs to automatically load info. is to have the person who made it (of you if you made one) to go into 'Advanced' in the menu bar and select 'Submit CD Track Names.' It'll go into a database, which anyone who has a copy of that mix should be able to put in the CD and get the names like a "normal" CD.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
The only way I've found to get mixed CDs to automatically load info. is to have the person who made it (of you if you made one) to go into 'Advanced' in the menu bar and select 'Submit CD Track Names.' It'll go into a database, which anyone who has a copy of that mix should be able to put in the CD and get the names like a "normal" CD.

And the plague onto their head if they do that. The CD database identifies CDs only by matching CDs with exactly the same lengths of titles. Anyone submitting their mix CDs increases the chances of mismatches.

hammythomas

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2010
1. Open iTunes.Be sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
2. Then insert the CD you want to import into your computer's CD/DVD drive.
3. Your computer will think for a few moments, and then will show you this screen. If you are properly connected to the Internet, the CD name, artist name, and song titles will all display in this window.
4. If they don't display, double check that you are connected to the Internet, and then eject and re-insert the CD.

Dubiousraves

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2008
no track names on burned CD

This problem gets hashed out frequently on the 'net, but no solution has worked for me. I click 'import track names' in preferences before burning a compilation CD, but the burned disc still doesn't have the track names.

Such a lame flaw. I'm giving up on iTunes for burning mix CDs, and switching to Windows Media.

--Dave

mchalebk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
The only flaw here is that Sony and Phillips didn't include directory type of information when they created the audio CD back in the early 80s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.