How To List Text Messages Separately

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by razpazaz, May 9, 2011.

1. razpazaz macrumors newbie

New to iPhone.

Is there a way to set up the text messaging so that each new text message (whether I send or receive it) is shown as a separate item in the list of messages? That would be easier for me to keep track of them than to show them as parts of continuing discussions.

Thanks to any who can help.

2. sportster macrumors 6502

None that I know of of. That's actually one of the features of the iPhone that I have loved since day one.

3. razpazaz thread starter macrumors newbie

I love you Steve, but why do you do this to me?

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Just curious, but why do you need such a feature? It seems having all of your texts lined up for you is easier to keep track of the conversation. As someone else mentioned, I absolutely love how the iPhone organizes the text messages.

5. razpazaz thread starter macrumors newbie

My answering service texts me with call info when they take messages for me. If the texts don't all show up separately it's too easy for me to miss some or forget they are there.

6. dave420 macrumors 65816

Maybe you could set them up to email to your phone instead? If you have AT&T you would use 5555555555@txt.att.net
    Other carriers have similar ways to do this. With AT&T these messages each come from a unique number and will be listed separately.

7. razpazaz thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting idea - Thanks. I hadn't thought about that.

I'm actually on Verizon, will contact my answering service to see if they can do that instead.

8. razpazaz thread starter macrumors newbie

Quick Update: Set my answering service up to send messages as emails to a separate account I established. Working just the way I'd like it to.

Thanks for the advice, Dave420.