how to make ringtone for iphone4s?useing itunes10

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zomy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Zomy, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

Zomy macrumors member

hi all

i want any one to learn me how to make ringtone useing itunes 10

i tried youtube videos and some google search and links by picture step by step everything but there is something wrong i get :(

so i want anyone to help me by msn or teamviewer for example plzzzzz

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

You need to set in iTunes that you want to manually add music yourself instead of syncing automatically. Click on your iPhone icon in iTunes and on the right side at the very bottom it will show the option to manually add music. Just note that this will delete any music you have in your phone, but from that point on you can just drag and drop the music you like.

3. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

[/COLOR]
    thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

may i ask another question?

now i have mp3splitter and i want to add song to ring tone may u sa to me how coz youtube i didnt understand good from it and the song should be 20 secs and i have to convert it i really didnt understand and no alot of movies for itunes 10 or if u can give me ur msn and we talk

i am so sorry but iam so now to iphone world :( sorry and thx for helping me in the first question

4. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

Sorry, I haven't gotten into ringtones yet, so I can't recommend an easy way to do it.

5. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

so i hope some one help us and for sure thx for helping me MonkeyBrainz
    coz really i would like to know how to make ringtones coz i dont like the ring tones in the iphones i want to make my songs

i can use mp3 splitter to cut song but to make ring tone length should be how mins? and then what i do??

plz anyone help :confused::confused::mad:

i changed topic name and lets wait maybe some one help us step by step

6. ObuckiO, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

ObuckiO macrumors regular

I put this on a thread below here a little bit ago, Create ringtone in itunes video & further explaining video Help here
    There is also past threads that can help you by... Screen Shot 2012-02-23 at 8.54.07 PM.png

7. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

There's a very easy way to create your own ringtones in iTunes.

Step by Step Procedures to Create Free Ringtone on iTunes:
    1. Launch iTunes and pick a song you want to convert to ringtone

2. Right-click on the song and click “Get Info” to view the song properties

3. Select “Options” tab. Check and fill in the “Start time” and “Stop time” to extract the portion of song you want to create as ringtone. Ensure the length is not longer than 30 seconds. Otherwise, iTunes will not recognize it as a ringtone. When you are ready, click “OK” to confirm.

4. Again, right-click on the song and select “Create ACC Version”.

5. iTunes then automatically extracts the portion of song you have instructed in the previous step. The new song file is just 30-sec in length. That’s the song you work on from step 6 and onwards.

6. Next, right-click on the song and select “Show in Finder”. This will launch Finder and locate the song file you just created.

7. Rename the file extension from “.m4a” to “.m4r”.

8. Next, go back to iTunes. Right-click on the song you have created and select “Delete”.

9. Click “Remove” to confirm the removal and then click “Keep File” when you’re prompted. This instructs iTunes to remove the song (the 30 sec version) from iTunes library and keep the actual file.

10. Go back to Finder and double-click on the ringtone file (.m4r) you have just renamed. The ringtone will automatically add it to iTunes’ ringtone library. You can now sync it to iPhone using iTunes. Enjoy your new ringtone!

Credit to Simonblog.com http://www.simonblog.com/2010/09/06/how-to-create-ringtone-for-iphone-on-itunes-10/

If you need screenshots head on over for the full article.

8. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

I just use garageband and pick whatever I want from my iTunes tracks as the input. The Garageband help files explain how to do it, and there is even a video in the help scenario (i think), if you learn better from that type of instruction.

9. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

yes this is what i did when i watched youtube videos but after i make it ringtone i find all my songs that i was pouted them before deleted :S
    why?????????

thx for ur explanation and for the link but i am afraid to make new ring tone then i find all the songs deleted!:S

10. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I'll get back to you on that. I think I know the answer but it's late and not coming to me right now. I'll update tomorrow.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See my posts here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=8138577&postcount=6

and here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=8138646&postcount=7

Pay attention to the details and do exactly what is written.

12. Zomy, Feb 24, 2012

Zomy thread starter macrumors member

i am waiting you but dont forget :) thx

----------

i am trying to understand the 2 topics but i didnt sorry,i would like some one says to me what is the wrong i do that makes the other songs (mp3) deleted after i make ringtone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there a step missing or what ??
    thx

13. normanbates macrumors regular

What exactly do you mean in this bit? pouted?

14. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

before i make ringtone i choice some songs mp3 and put them in the music section in mobile
    after i made ringtone i find all mp3 songs which i was choice them deleted

i want to know why or whats wrong i do or how i avoid this when i try to make new ringtone?
    sorry if my english is bad :)

thx for trying to help :)

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Since you've already been told step by step how to do this,'why don't you follow the instructions or tell us step by step what you did?

16. ObuckiO macrumors regular

Did you look at the video in Post #6 (Create ringtone in itunes)?
    That is almost identical to what we are trying to explain to you.

17. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

just i want to know which step i do wrong to avoid it and not to find my songs deleted after i make my new ringtone

18. ObuckiO macrumors regular

When you say "song(s)" that is not part of the instructions. You have to make them one at a time. Don't try putting multiple songs(MP3's), all over the place. CLICK on "1 song ONLY" to make a ringtone. The video and the well put instruction's put on here by others are what to follow.
    Step #8 and #9 are what i think your asking about, which is Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 8.24.51 PM.png
    Everything is on this thread i can think of.

19. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

yes i did that but after i find ringtone in iphone i go to music folder i dont find any songs(mp3)
    just i want why while i creat ring tone the songs(mp3s) be deleted??
    how to avoid them while makeing ringtone without i find mp3s songs deleted!?

thx for trying to help but i am new at apple world and i am really afraid to creat a new ringtone the i find songs(mp3s)deleted :( :(

20. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Sorry For the delay. I remembered the one step that wasn't in the tutorial.

The only difference is, make a copy of the song you want to make the ringtone from. Just right click and you should see option for making a copy. You could then edit the title a little so you don't get confused which is which. Then follow the tutorial exactly and you should be good to go.

Let me know if that works for you. It should :)

21. ObuckiO macrumors regular

OK, So your ringtone is on your iphone? If yes, great.// If your ringtone is in itunes on "your computer''(Tones tab), and not on iphone yet. SYNC ringtone from itunes to your iphone.

If your music is not on your iphone, but it is in itunes on computer, then SYNC that too (manually/All library). I don't see how you could Delete your songs from itune's "Computer" library, by making a ringtone in the order of the directions given here. If you accidentally took them off you iphone and they're still on computer.. you can put them back on. Just do one thing at a time, or ask someone to help you in person. Good Luck

22. Zomy, Feb 24, 2012

Zomy thread starter macrumors member

i will try and i will answer you what happened but right now i dont have iphone too try :( sorry but soon i will try it for sure

may i know ur msn yahoo or hotmail msn so i talk with u for some questions coz i am very very new to apple world so as i see from ur title signature that u know apple world good so if u like to answer me will be so goood between i send to you a private msg here hope u answer it
    thx for helping me i hope this time i make it good when i try it soon:)

23. ObuckiO macrumors regular

I can do by your manual without having to make the copy, and it's all good.
    Although, the video i put up, has a very little differant approach with dragging to desk top, rather than saving to finder. And i am still able to throw file in trash and "not keep" If you haven't looked at it(video) and see if you agree. Both versions worked for me, so i really didn't bring it up. Thanks.

24. Zomy thread starter macrumors member

maybe he said this coz i am new to apple world so he trying to explaining more for me.

rocknblogger
    i send to u new private msg here again hope u answe me plzz :)

25. fallingleaf macrumors newbie

If you have a jailbroken iPhone, there is a very user friendly app that lets you do this with ease. Is your iPhone jailbroken?