How to make your home button react instantly!

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
Ok guys, the other day I found this information somewhere, (I forget where), and I just wanted to share it with you guys. To make your home button instant, like really fast to the point where the second you let go of the button its already at the home screen, you need to go to settings > general > home > then select the double click home button to home. Then in the top left go back to general, then go to Accessability. Now go to the bottom where it says Triple-Click Home. Set it to off, and hit the home button. It worked great for me and I hope all of you enjoyed this information. =)

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Ok guys, the other day I found this information somewhere, (I forget where), and I just wanted to share it with you guys. To make your home button instant, like really fast to the point where the second you let go of the button its already at the home screen, you need to go to settings > general > home > then select the double click home button to home. Then in the top left go back to general, then go to Accessability. Now go to the bottom where it says Triple-Click Home. Set it to off, and hit the home button. It worked great for me and I hope all of you enjoyed this information. =)
Accessibility is only on the 3GS....

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
After trying this, I think it does make it faster. This also makes sense as it no longer waits to see if your going to double click.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This did nothing except waste 10 seconds of my life. I want them back.

If you swallow a sugar pill it will make your applications run smoother.
I would like this "sugar pill" you are offering. I just ate dinner, and it sounds like a fine dessert.

Oh and this too. Why have double click set to home? Pretty pointless.
Agreed. My double click is set to Phone Favorites. One of my favorite little features.

safari is always snappier.
In all my life, Safari has never been snappier than it is now.

pcs are junk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2009
you need to set double click home to home...you cant have it on favorites otherwise its waiting to see if your gonna click twice. if you followed exactly what i said it would have worked.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
you need to set double click home to home...you cant have it on favorites otherwise its waiting to see if your gonna click twice. if you followed exactly what i said it would have worked.
*sigh*

I said that I prefer to have the double click set to Favorites. I changed it to see what you are talking about.

I did follow exactly what you said. To the T.

It did nothing.