How to prove the iphone is better

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdahe, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello guys,

Android users say they have the best phone system

Windows Mobile users say the same

And we (iPhone) users say that we have the best phone

But which one really is the best?... Is there a way to prove it?... Are there any results to prove which one is the best?

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

To each their own. Although, a jailbroken iPhone easily beats most of the competition.

3. oBMTo macrumors 6502

Who cares? Stop worrying about other people and enjoy what you have.

4. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I do enjoy what I have... I'm just asking!!!

5. Mike225 macrumors 6502a

Mike225

I think it depends on the user as to which is the best.

Thy all have their strengths.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

exactly. There's no way to prove it. Period. Different strokes for different folks.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I really like red, my friend likes blue, but our other jackass friend likes purple for some reason. Which color is best, and how do I prove it?

8. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

Some claim red is more reliable, but blue is faster. Purple always gets the worst devices.

Me, I like blue.

9. istud, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010

istud macrumors newbie

I don't care about the other phones...only reason I got the iphone 4 was the High Res Display (aka Apple's Retina Display) with IPS and I love the minimalist alum/glass design.

No other phone has a high res IPS display with glass/alum design as slim as the i4.

10. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I'll say I have an iPhone 4. That's enough to prove is better.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'll have to agree.
    Most of their arguiments are about the closed Apple system etc...
    With the Jailbreak you pretty much got full acess to your phone.

12. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'd use an android phone before I use a stock iPhone. Thank goodness for jailbreaking.

13. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Eventually you'll realize it isn't even worth thinking about. Each platform has it's strength and weaknesses and one size will never fit all.

The only thing that matters is why iPhone is better/the best to YOU. The End.

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

None of them is better than the other for everyone. If you like one better than the other that is enough proof that it is the best for you, and you don't need to go around trying to prove to your friends that your iPhone is the best.

15. Peter.Howard macrumors regular

Peter.Howard

I agree, there used to exist, and still does to some extent Apple evangelism, websites, magazine articles, people pushing "Steve is god" "macs are better" etc..etc..Microsoft is bad,

who cares?

each has their drawcards, benefits and failings, accept it,

:)

16. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I think the OP was looking for benchmark tests such as processing speed, signal strength etc. I do find it curious that reviews of mobile phones that one sees online and in magazines hardly ever offer quantitative data about how good the phones are in pulling in the signals required for calling, texting and internet access.

In any case, horses for courses....

17. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think the reason why that date is usually lacking is that any tests that are done won't mean anything outside of the location where the test is performed. The quality of the network in your area makes a lot more difference than how good or bad the antenna is.

18. animatedude macrumors 65816

for a start, it's the best designed smartphone in the market...and my go the camera and retina display are yum.

19. animatedude macrumors 65816

20. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yes to Retina, Yes to IPS, Yes to slim design, glass, so what? That is just a design choice. If Apple goes with something else in the future, would that stop you from buying the phone?

21. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

So you are saying that phones that are tested in a controlled environment and the same conditions has little value. Suppose a particular devices tested under these conditions consistently shows poor performance signal as compared to other phone devices with the same exact test. You think that phone will some how perform better in real life? Fascinating.

22. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    The data is lacking because most so-called technical websites are nothing of the sort. Most are run by twenty-something kids with no EE training or experience.

A good example was back when seventh-grade-style pseudo-scientific tests all over were comparing dissimilar phones in order to "prove" that Apple was "right" to leave out the more expensive 3G chip in the original iPhone. And not one ammeter or chip power document in sight.

As for reception, at least one tech site did do scientific comparison tests using proper equipment: inside an RF isolation chamber with an expensive base-station emulator. That organization, of course, was Consumer Reports.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Everyone has different wants and needs in a smartphone. What fullills my requirements may not fulfill someone else's.

24. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Nope, cause while there might be some tangible things you can measure (speed, durability), in the end personal tastes and preferences will also come into play and you can't really put a measure on that as that is very subjective.

25. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Each smart phone has advantages and disadvantages and different people have differing needs and wants. iPhone is my pick as the best, all around, handheld multimedia communication device. Nevertheless, my conclusion is based on my own unique needs and experience, and my willingness to ignore my observation that iPhone is, in the end, marginal in performance as a cell phone.