How to Purchase iPhone 6+ FULL RETAIL for Verizon via apple.com or Apple Store app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slumpey, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Slumpey, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

Slumpey macrumors regular

I want to purchase the iphone for Verizon but don't want to use my upgrade option even though I am entitled to it. Is there a way to just pay full retail via online/app since apple refreshes inventory daily without using the upgrade option, I would like to bypass the upgrade if possible. It just says $399 for the model I want

2. vnr111 macrumors newbie

3. harishv79 macrumors newbie

Am looking for a way to do this, as well. Thnx

4. kendu2412 macrumors regular

I bought 4 iPhone 6+ Verizon at Apple Store with full price.

When checking, they ask account verify, just said PAID WITH FULL PRICE. And Done, no account or id need it.

5. Slumpey thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, but i want to do this online via apple.com or Apple Store app to reserve for in store pickup so I know I have a phone waiting for me.

For your four did you reserve beforehand?

6. Lilydgg macrumors newbie

I'm trying to do the same thing, no luck so far.

7. Slumpey thread starter macrumors regular

8. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

I do not think you can do this. In order to get a "device only" Verizon iPhone, you have to go into the store.

9. Slumpey thread starter macrumors regular

Can I reserve it online via the upgrade but when I pick it up at the Apple store, switch it to full price. Anyone try this option.

10. kendu2412 macrumors regular

No, need to be in store , and only in store purchase let you pay full price.

Camp with my friend and was 1st in line, no 6+ T Mobile and only 1 left option : Verizon unlocked gsm

11. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

I've seen this in another thread, I have no idea which one. Someone used the upgrade to get the drive reserved in store then when there said I'd like to re do as Device Only. I think the Apple person had to process it, return it, then sell it again as device only.

Don't hate me if it doesn't work for you, I'm just relaying information, but it's worth a shot? If it's a reservation you won't have to wait, if they can't do it just say no thanks.

12. Slumpey thread starter macrumors regular

I think I am going to try, what is the worst that happens I don't get the phone.

If I am able to reserve the iPhone for pickup, is there a timeframe that I need to pick it up by? 24 hrs, 1 week?

13. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

14. ReallyBigFeet, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

No I ordered mine full price via iPhone Apple Store app on preorder day. Pick what you want, tell it upgrading an existing line, input account info and it will come back saying eligible for upgrade at full price. Add to cart....done.

I just tried again off apple website...still can do.

15. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

This is what I did, worked for me too.

16. bakron1 macrumors member

As far as I know you can only buy one full retail from the Apple Store without having a Verizon account

17. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

That's only going to work of course if you aren't eligible for an upgrade.

18. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

This requires you having a Verizon Wireless account. If you do not have an account, you will not be able to purchase online. You can, however, go into the store and purchase "device only" but you will have to go into the long line (with all the scalpers) and not go int the "Reservation Only" line which is for people who bought online and chose in-store pickup.

19. danyull macrumors member

You can't purchase it through apple.com or apple store app unless you create a new line. If you do create a new line, you have to go through a credit check and what not. You have to go to the apple store directly and purchase it. Go on the apple site and check if they have it in stock, then haul *** to the apple store.

That's what I did this morning and got it :)

20. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Or... you can read my post above and do what I did and order device only from he Verizon store without an account.

21. dishfan82 macrumors member

You should be able to do the Verizon edge. You only pay 32.00 plus tax upfront. Wait a day or two then pay off the rest of the iPhone. It should give you the edge option right next to the 2 year upgrade.

22. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yes just follow him. Only way to do it online without a Verizon account

23. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

false you can purchase through apple.com full price as a verizon customer but the problem is i think you can't have an upgrade for use.

i used mines for the 16 gb and ended up selling it at a apple store today,anyway i ordered the 64 gb online at apple.com logged into my verizon account and told me i have to pay full price and within a hour i was at apple store 5th ave selling my iphone 16gb and picking up a 64 gb at full price under my verizon account no extra line added at all.

24. AceMason macrumors 6502

Did it extend your contract by two years and were you charged a $30 upgrade fee? It shows those when I try to buy it through Apple using my Verizon account even though I'm buying it full priced

25. Rud3Bwoy Suspended

Rud3Bwoy

nope dosent extend and it clearly states the upgrade fee is only for phones that are being bought using a 2 year contract full price you pay no upgrade fee