Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SPNarwhal

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
illinois
I found the voice-over thing, but when I do that you can still hear the original sound in the background.
I need to remove the audio completely from like 2 seconds of footage and replace it with me talking.

to tell you the situation,
i made a video and it has a talking Gecko in it and I'm being told that it's copyright of Geico, even though that's ******** because a company can't copyright an animal. But, anyway. Now where I said "Gecko" i need to say "Lizard" instead.

How do i do this

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
I found the voice-over thing, but when I do that you can still hear the original sound in the background.
I need to remove the audio completely from like 2 seconds of footage and replace it with me talking.

to tell you the situation,
i made a video and it has a talking Gecko in it and I'm being told that it's copyright of Geico, even though that's ******** because a company can't copyright an animal. But, anyway. Now where I said "Gecko" i need to say "Lizard" instead.

How do i do this

Right click on your clip, and you should be able to select the audio properties, or properties, and an audio tab...in that you should see a volume bar where you can fade the volume in and out, or just drop it out for whatever span of time you want. I'm not in front of my mac or I'd give you the exact way...but it's there...you just need to get it to show...and I'm pretty sure it's a right click away.

Brian33

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
In my iMovie '08, you select the 2 seconds of footage, then either press the 'a' key, or click the "speaker-looking" button in the middle bar to get the Audio Adjustments window with the volume slider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.