Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vita1ce

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
I recently upgraded to ios 5.0.1 and jailbroke it

img0798.png

How do i hide the clock? Because I heard most cydia tweaks are no longer compatible.

Also how do i remove (Slide to Unlock) or just change the text

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
i cant remember exactly, but with ifile you can doing rooting. on core services theres a line. springboard strings, and there choose english and there you can mod, anything. the slide to unlock, the power down, the enter the password etc etc...

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
You can just create your own winter board theme then put in .strings files

Also, Where did you find that wallpaper srf4real?

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
using iFile you can go to System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj/SpringBoard.stringsand search for away_lock_label and change the "slide to unlock" text to whatever you want. I used a space so that nothing shows up. Respring and there you go.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
Are you talking about Alarm clock? If so..:

**HOW TO GET RID OF ALARM TEXT**
/private/var/stash/Applications/MobileTimer app/English.proj
->Localizable.strings
Change <key>ALARM_LOCK_LABEL</key> -> " "

This is how I did it in iOS 4.2.1 not sure about iOS 5. (I am still on 4.2.1)

Alveezy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Hawaii
I use this tweak called "Move To Unlock" it has the option to take off the "Slide to Unlock" & "Clock" on your Lockscreen.

cheeseballs

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
where did you find that theme?

sick minimalistic theme - where did you find it if you don't mind me asking?
I recently upgraded to ios 5.0.1 and jailbroke it

How do i hide the clock? Because I heard most cydia tweaks are no longer compatible.

Also how do i remove (Slide to Unlock) or just change the text

DanSansome

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
UK
There's a bundle style cydia app called springtomize. It contains a whole load of other tweaks normally separately available but all in one handy interface. I know it hides the lock slider, can't remember if it dies the rest of what u want, but handy to have in any case.

greasemuntney

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2011
To remove the bar behind the clock on iOS 5+ just navigate to
/system/library/privateframeworks/telephonyUI.framework.
look for "BarLCD@2x~iphone.png click the little arrow at the end and tap on the name at top. Make sure curser at end of name and add a #1 to the end after .png so looks like .png1 then respring. That will make the bar behind the clock GONE and you still have the file safe just remove the #1 and back to normal.

odswe

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
I'm using Lockscreen Clock Hide, but I can't remember what I did to get the slide to unlock text gone. Erica utilities maybe?

Maaaan , awesome looking lockscreen, i know im a year late but iv been searching like crazy how to change the lockscreen slider icon , so i just wonder if you are using a special Theme or what is the tweak called that changed your slider ? :D

Candy2nd

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Bangkok
I use:
- Lockscreen Clock Hide
- Label Slider (to remove/change the Slide to Unlock)
- Clear Lockscreen (for a clear and clean lockscreen)

Try also:
- Clockify
- ClearMe
... or search the word "Transparent" at Cydia.

Enjoy! ^_^

sej0153

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2009
LS Bulb iPhone 4 theme

Did some searching....

This theme can be found by adding repo: "http://repo.ithemes.it/" and searching for "LS Bulb"

Awesome theme! :D

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Maaaan , awesome looking lockscreen, i know im a year late but iv been searching like crazy how to change the lockscreen slider icon , so i just wonder if you are using a special Theme or what is the tweak called that changed your slider ? :D

which lS theme is this?

The slider is part of Metius theme. I like Metius because all of the different aspects of the theme are broken down in Winterboard so that I can choose to theme what I want without a universal "one size fits all" over the entire device.

I'm using iOS 6 now, and LockScreen Settings takes care of it all, configurable in System Settings.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,377

Skywalker0924

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2011
CA
There's a line above my slider...

7841ADA0-6AD9-41E0-A610-232ED68D9E7B-4493-000000F275709432.jpg

I changed out the slider for something I like much better. But I can't seem to get rid of that line just above it. It also shows up during calls. Does anyone know how to get rid of that pesky line? (Navigation path, file name, etc)

Edit: Also, if you guys like clean/minimalist lockscreens, check out http://patrickmuff.ch/repo/
Amazing stuff.

Last edited:

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA

I changed out the slider for something I like much better. But I can't seem to get rid of that line just above it. It also shows up during calls. Does anyone know how to get rid of that pesky line? (Navigation path, file name, etc)

Edit: Also, if you guys like clean/minimalist lockscreens, check out http://patrickmuff.ch/repo/
Amazing stuff.

To get rid of the line install Fullscreen LS

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais

Amazing stuff.

That is one awesome wallpaper, can you share it?

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA

Amazing stuff.

Lockscreen settings should do the trick

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.