How to remove speaker that is connected to the Logic Board? (Macbook Pro 13)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SPNarwhal, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SPNarwhal, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I disassembled a Macbook Pro 13", but have no idea how to remove the 2nd speaker that is attached to the bottom of the Logic Board.

I can't find anything on it either, all that I've found is the "Left Speaker", but nothing on the "Right Speaker" or the middle speaker, or whatever you could call this.

Thanks!

2. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Also looking for how to remove the screen's hinge.. ?
    I'm assuming there's an inverter behind it, but have no idea how to access.

----------

Unfortunately not. :( I already have that guy out. There's another one that's connected to the bottom (or top of depending on what way you want to look at it) the motherboard. It's not screwed in there or anything, and it's not soldered, so I have no idea how it's connected. It sits on top of the motherboard in the middle of the laptop facing upwards so it's right underneath the keyboard when all put together.

And when I say connected I mean the speaker itself is connected to the motherboard, not just that it has a wire that connects to a port on the motherboard.

4. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I feel like there should either be a "Repairs" category, or a "Repairs" sub-section for every product category. I feel like this doesn't really fit in here.

Does anybody else agree?