how to replace 'dell' logo on dell 2001fpw with apple logo

Mood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
NY
Can someoen care to tell me how to get rid of that stupid Dell logo so i can put an apple logo on it?

it doesn't blend in well with my future powerbook. ITS TOO UGLY.

Mood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
NY
ha ha are there any other alternatives?

i was thinkinga bout taking a knife or something slim to pry it out, then either make my own logo or tear it off from some old computer and tape it onto it

Mood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
NY
if Kim Jong Il made a quality lcd screen would you have his logo on it? didn't think so :)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Koodauw said:
It seems wrong to put an Apple logo on a Dell. Am I alone here?
That's almost as bad as putting a big wing, NOS sticker, and a Type-R Logo on a Kia.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
1) An angle grinder will take that logo off in seconds flat. Careful here...
2) Bondo to fill up the scratches left by the angle grinder, then
3) Careful sanding to recontour the bondo to the slightly convex bezel, then
4) Hmm, matte black model paint to cover up the bondo, then
5) Uh, what was the objective again?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
realityisterror said:
AH!! IE!! And even worse? On a Mac? :eek:

You should be ashamed of yourself, Mr. RAM ;)
Sadly, MacRumors is far more stable on IE than on Firefox or Safari. On the others, postings links quite often get malformed pages that display code. IE works better for me with MR, in both Win and Mac.

Mood

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
NY
are you saying that the admins use pcs?
are they duping us?

SINNERS!

:mad:

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
CanadaRAM said:
Sadly, MacRumors is far more stable on IE than on Firefox or Safari. On the others, postings links quite often get malformed pages that display code. IE works better for me with MR, in both Win and Mac.
I have no problems whatsoever using MR on Safari. Weird... what kind of problems do you have?

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
mcarnes said:
MR is solid on safari. Ebay on the other hand...
*nods in agreement* *grumble, grumble*

As for the "project", I wouldn't do it if I were you. You won't keep that monitor forever, and one day you will want to sell it. And you'll probably kick yourself having the cosmetic damage that devalues the monitor to petty $$$.

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
CanadaRAM said:
I've never found any need to install IE on my Mac. MR works just fine in Safari (plus you get spellchecking), and any website that only supports IE usually isn't worth visiting.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
witness said:
I've never found any need to install IE on my Mac. MR works just fine in Safari (plus you get spellchecking), and any website that only supports IE usually isn't worth visiting.
Too right but this thread has been hijacked.....

Don't see any obvious ways you could replace the dell logo with an apple one unless you know your stuff with modding and could chip it off and create your own apple logo and stick it on...

Personally i wuldnt bother getting rid of the dell stuff as it will probably damage your beautiful monitor...

ShadoW ;)

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
shadowmoses said:
Too right but this thread has been hijacked.....
Sorry, I had completely forgotten about what the thread was about by the time I got to the bottom :D

I've got a Widescreen 20" Dell, personally I don't want to break it by prising off the logo, it might end up more ugly than when it started.