how to set macbook screen brightness to 0, and keep it as default.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by StrelokSTK, Aug 31, 2009.

1. StrelokSTK macrumors newbie

i have a macbook and a screen plugget to it. now i use just the new screen and dont use the macbook one. but every time i turn the mac on the macbook screen turns on, and i have to decrease the brightness manually every time. (cause it's a waste of energy to keep it on if i dont use it). so i'd like to know to set the screen brightness to 0 by default, so i dont have to turn the brightness down every time.

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

If you don't already have one, get an external keyboard and mouse (wired or BT). Then, you can run with the lid closed and not worry about the display.

3. StrelokSTK thread starter macrumors newbie

i do have an external mouse and keyboard, but if i close the lid, the mac is gonna enter the sleep mode. is it possible to close the lid without entering the sleep mode?

4. StrelokSTK thread starter macrumors newbie

i just found out that it is possible to disable sleep mode when the lid is closed by using InsomniaX

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

With the lid closed, wake the Mac using the keyboard or mouse. Then, put it to sleep using the Apple menu > Sleep. Unless I missed something, there's no reason to have the lid open at all.