How to Track Your iPhone X Order Before Apple Sends You a Tracking Number

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Im not sure if anyone posted this yet or not. Chances are that if you Preordered your iPhone X within the first 10 mins on Thursday night then your iPhone X has already shipped and Apple has just not sent you a tracking number yet. Here is a way to track your iPhone X right now.

Go here and sign up for UPS My Choice.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/Home.page

Its free and it only requires you to add your name and address and I think it asks you to confirm your identity with a text message.

Once you are signed up, click on Tracking and then Click on Manage My Home Deliveries. Then a screen with a calendar will pop up. Go to November 3rd and you will probablly see that you have a shipment arriving that day from FOXCONN HONGFUJIN PRECISION CGO, CN - Click that Box.

Now at the top of the page you will see your tracking number. Copy it. Once Copied go to UPS or Google and enter the tracking number and you can see right now where your iPhone X is!

I figured I've been a member of Mac Rumors for 5 years now, I should at least contribute one post, lol.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
I had a phone reserved at 02:03CDT but didn't complete the order til 05:40CDT.

Been checking MyChoice all day ever since my order went to Preparing for Ahipment but nothing yet.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Im not sure if anyone posted this yet or not. Chances are that if you Preordered your iPhone X within the first 10 mins on Thursday night then your iPhone X has already shipped and Apple has just not sent you a tracking number yet. Here is a way to track your iPhone X right now.

Go here and sign up for UPS My Choice.
https://www.ups.com/us/en/Home.page

Its free and it only requires you to add your name and address and I think it asks you to confirm your identify with a text message.

Once you are signed up, click on Tracking and then Click on Manage My Home Deliveries. Then a screen with a calendar will pop up. Go to November 3rd and you will probablly see that you have a shipment arriving that day from FOXCONN HONGFUJIN PRECISION CGO, CN - Click that Box.

Now at the top of the page you will see your tracking number. Copy it. Once Copied go to UPS or Google and enter the tracking number and you can see right now where your iPhone X is!

I figured I've been a member of Mac Rumors for 5 years now, I should at least contribute one post, lol.
hmm.. maybe i should change my preference about leaving it at the front door ;)

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 12.54.12 AM.png

(that said, i have allowed more expensive items to be left at front door.. ha)
idk.. maybe i'll just plan on being there.. stoop hangs or something.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
My UPS is showing I should receive by end of day on the 3rd. I am happy Tmobile was realistic with their delivery dates, as I was definitely not one of the first to order. I was scrambling on the app/website at 3:00am for about an hour before I called it in.

PS- Looks like Tmo shipping from KY- Not Foxconn, as I assume those are customers that bought from Apple direct.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Mine has been rerouted through Russia for some reason
sure that one is not meant for a trump staff member? :D
[doublepost=1509388273][/doublepost]I used that method with my 8+ but my wife's phone it did not work as I found out when I got the shipment email a day before it was due hers shipped from California.

Reactions: Nanotyrns

hrv888

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
Does this work in Canada? Or whAt status are your phones at? Mine says preparing for shipment.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Not sure how to interpret this but have used UPS MyChoice in the past and this has worked....didnt work this time and no deliveries scheduled.

Freak out meter...only at a 4....so far.

Last edited:

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Not sure how to interpret this but have used UPS MyChoice in the past and this has worked....didnt work this time and no deliveries scheduled.

Freak out meter...only at a 4....so far.

Though Apple's website still says:
Preparing to Ship Delivers 03 Nov, 2017 by Standard Shipping
Not eligible to cancel or return
Maybe you're getting Fedex this year

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I thought that too and the case I ordered for the X is shipping Wednesday...by FedEx
You may want to change your post as clicking on the link I think gives out your order number which someone may misuse just to get a kick out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cnasty

HopeWV

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
Is anyone else’s just hanging out in ZhengZhou? Mine has been there for a couple days :(. Wish it would start moving already lol

Reactions: Cnasty