Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
So did the other iPhone 5 on T-Mobile have the latest T-Mobile carrier update? Also, can you explain why it works on the iPhone 5 without AWS? Even T-Mobile states it does with the carrier update.

There's no restriction of HD Voice listed anywhere. People have gotten it to work on 4G. Just go to howardforums.com.

I never said it didnt work on the original iPhone 5, i even said it will most likely work with LTE on the original iPhone 5. It does not work on the original iphone when on t-mobiles Refarmed network. Thats not to say that they did not activate it on some of their refarmed network but in my location on their refarmed network HD Voice was not active.

I have had three iPhones all with the carrier update that did not use HDvoice. Once they were all exchanged for the AWS iphone 5 then that is when HD Voice was functional.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
There's no restriction on HD voice. It doesn't even need data to work. You could be on 2G and it still works as long as you have the right model iPhone 5.

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
First thing i noticed when i switched from the old iphone 5 to the new one was the drastic difference in call quality.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me what the specific differences are in the call quality of the T-Mobile branded iPhone (i.e., clarity, sound, volume,etc) that you have. Thanks!

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Just purchased a new unopened tmobile iPhone for 540$ can't wait for it to get here. I'm sure it will perform better then the 3GS I have now lol. Anyone know if there a SIM card in the box?

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
Just purchased a new unopened tmobile iPhone for 540$ can't wait for it to get here. I'm sure it will perform better then the 3GS I have now lol. Anyone know if there a SIM card in the box?

Aren't people skeptical when buying T-Mobile iPhone's? I mean, most of these sellers still own a balance. Since it's mandatory to pay off the phone in full now, what happens when they stop paying their bills?

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Aren't people skeptical when buying T-Mobile iPhone's? I mean, most of these sellers still own a balance. Since it's mandatory to pay off the phone in full now, what happens when they stop paying their bills?

Well phone is brand new sealed I'm going to contact tmobile before opening make sure everything is good. Esn is clean seller said. I guess Ill find out how much is retail I no apple sells them for 650$ plus tax but I believe those are unlocked.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Well phone is brand new sealed I'm going to contact tmobile before opening make sure everything is good. Esn is clean seller said. I guess Ill find out how much is retail I no apple sells them for 650$ plus tax but I believe those are unlocked.

Have fun getting it unlocked...your gonna most likely end up paying 3rd party unlocker $130+

Korilakkuma

macrumors member
May 9, 2013
California, USA

I would be very wary of buying an i5 from ebay if I were you - even if it's sealed. Brand new Tmo i5 for $540? that's strange. Introductory price of i5 when it was first released on Tmo was $580 before tax. They're now charging $630 before tax.

You don't even know how they got it in the first place. It could be stolen, or not completely paid off...

The seller can always be an ass and report your phone as stolen month(s) later.

There's so much possibilities.

Oh... and even if you contact Tmo before opening it, it doesn't guarantee you 100% that nothing bad will happen to it.

Last edited:

ocdb

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Not very active around here but just want it to warn others about buying a t-mobile iPhone on eBay, paid full questionable price of $530, my phone arrive, bought a pre_paid sim card after a few days phone got Blacklisted, call t_mobile and said that my brand new ip5 had been reported stolen, I call eBay, contact seller and finally got my refund, a lot if people give a down payment and and sell it for a full price, interesting enough even in Craigslist ip5 are selling cheaper that sprints version, buy smart, do your research and don't get burn like I did,

Good luck.

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Not very active around here but just want it to warn others about buying a t-mobile iPhone on eBay, paid full questionable price of $530, my phone arrive, bought a pre_paid sim card after a few days phone got Blacklisted, call t_mobile and said that my brand new ip5 had been reported stolen, I call eBay, contact seller and finally got my refund, a lot if people give a down payment and and sell it for a full price, interesting enough even in Craigslist ip5 are selling cheaper that sprints version, buy smart, do your research and don't get burn like I did,

Good luck.

Was ur selling reputable? I got mine from a seller $540 brand new sealed. Seller has 500+ all positive no negative feedback. Hopefully nothing happens to mine... (Fingers crossed)

----------

Good luck.

Oh and was it new manufactured sealed?

ocdb

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Was ur selling reputable? I got mine from a seller $540 brand new sealed. Seller has 500+ all positive no negative feedback. Hopefully nothing happens to mine... (Fingers crossed)

----------

Oh and was it new manufactured sealed?

Mine had over 1000 + positive feedback / zero negative and apparently Seller did not know since he bought it from a private source according to him, He did apologized and fully reimburse me, I did ask T-mobile and they said they don't have control in what people do after their down payment, apparently scammers sell it for fast cash, wait a few days after activation and report it stolen filing a police report to clear them from screwing up their credit !! I'm thinking who knows....
Btw mine was seal as well however it was the only iphone he was selling amount his electronic goods, reason to bite the dust, it was a 6.1.2 version and I want it to JB#

Hopefully you good,
Best of luck...

K1ngkev1n1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Mine had over 1000 + positive feedback / zero negative and apparently Seller did not know since he bought it from a private source according to him, He did apologized and fully reimburse me, I did ask T-mobile and they said they don't have control in what people do after their down payment, apparently scammers sell it for fast cash, wait a few days after activation and report it stolen filing a police report to clear them from screwing up their credit !! I'm thinking who knows....
Btw mine was seal as well however it was the only iphone he was selling amount his electronic goods, reason to bite the dust, it was a 6.1.2 version and I want it to JB

Hopefully you good,
Best of luck...

Mine was newest, and he had prob 5 selling sold prob 10 total so far all positive feedback. Guess ill wait to leave feedback for a whiles fingers crossed it works out ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.