How to view Library?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by xTRIGGER092x, Aug 17, 2011.

1. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

I want to get make Library visible so I can get the default Lion wallpaper as the wallpaper for my iPad and iPhone, but I don't know how. I don't really want to make Library visible permanently (there's no reason for me to), so is there a way to be able to use it temporarily?

2. hormelmeatcompa macrumors member

In the terminal, you can type "chflags nohidden ~/Library", do what you need to do and then type "chflags hidden ~/Library" to rehide it.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You can also just use Go -> Go To Folder -> "~/Library" or "/Library"

No need to unhide at all.

B

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Or hold down the "opt" key while going to the Finder > Go menu. (for ~/Library)

5. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I like to keep it unhidden as I do most of my navigating of the Library folder by using a Stacks folder shortcut on my Dock. There are several options to navigate to it by not unhiding it through a Terminal command. If it was a root level folder I could understand Apple hiding it, but since it's actually in the individual user folder I don't think Apple should be messing with it.

6. Gambuchi macrumors member

Why not just hold down the 'Option' key when you click on the 'Go' menu item... Library will be there then, click on it and you are :):):)

7. alexreich macrumors 6502a

alexreich

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just do this:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE (press Enter)

killall Finder (press Enter, this will restart Finder)

Then do what you need to do, then repeat the above but replace TRUE with FALSE.